Site Feedback

What opinions do people have of Italy in general in other parts of the world?!

Share:

Comments

i just met one Italian,i know little about him,he is a father of one of my pupil.he is strong,and gentleman.that is my impression of Italian.

Renascene, Brilliant old architecture, and the birthplace of one of my favourite masters-Dante!

When I think of italy only two things comes to my mind. Spaghetti and pizza. It's so good.. other than that I dont know any. Oh there is more I also like there architecture.

In the overly and hopelessly <a href="http://www.italki.com/entry/303653">romantic</a> minds of many Americans, Italy is synonymous with sensuality, in the full sense of the word. We see Italy as a country in which our senses can be stimulated. We dream of pastas with sauces that elicit audible, involuntary moans of satisfaction, of rolling Tuscan landscapes with the sweet scent of fragrant cedars in the air.

It is not a giant leap from this sort of sensuality to sex. Within every American tourist, there is the hope of seduction, finding that dark-haired, olive-skinned man or woman who knows more about the pleasures of life from living in a country whose people value pleasure from their bold coffee to their perfectly tailored clothes. Prompted by the media's depiction of an image of Italians as being passionate in every regard from their flamboyant gesticulations to their love-making, we think of affairs and imagine being swept up in one.

“To my taste, the men in Rome are ridiculously, hurtfully, stupidly beautiful. More beautiful even than Roman women, to be honest. Italian men are beautiful in the same way as French women, which is to say-- no detail spared in the quest for perfection... Sometimes they look so good I want to applaud.” -Elizabeth Gilbert

Oh, and we also think about the mafia so much so that "omertà" has been added to the English language, but that's not as interesting to talk about. In fact, I should keep quiet about that.

I think of Italy as my homeland, even though I have never been there. It was the homeland of my great-grandparents although I had one grandfather who was born there. I would love to go to there some day and meet my distant relatives.  My friends recently came back from a month long stay in Italy. I had the chance to look at the photos that they took while they were there. Italy is so beautiful, so richly steeped in culture and history. The architecture is stunning. I love the magnificent old buildings dating back centuries, and the quaint cobble stoned neighborhoods. This is something we just do not have in America, because our country is still relatively young. I love Italian food. I was raised on it.  Italy also has wonderful fashion designers. I also think the people are beautiful. I like the sterotypical olive skin and dark hair. My husband's family came from Northern Italy and they have light skin and light hair. But I tend to think of Italians as being darker as least that is what my family is like. (I have olive skin but in the picture I posted you can't tell because I had not been in the sun for awhile.)

this is not my opinion but I've heard it is dirty and rats everywhere. I also have heard people are rude and ignorant. Through video I have seen some amazing scenery though...again, not my opinioN. 

italy was one of my honeymoon stations ..unfortunatlly we visited rome only we were not having enough time to visit other cities ..i really liked rome and the people out there are so elegant and the food (pizza and spaghetti) was so delecious ..I have some plans to go to venice but i dont know when :) 

Well, I visited Italy and I admired its History,foods and the way that people there take care about their beautiful gardens. Of course, the ancient architecture in Rome is splendid...

Add a comment