Site Feedback

Why to be vegetarian?

My rabbit is so sweet, but he have killed a lot of flies, just for pleasure.

Chicken eats worms to feed.

Why should we break the food chain whereas they do what we do ?

Share:

Comments

We shouldn't.

It's a personal choice, just because you don't deem it necessary, dearest Ihor, doesn't mean your opinion is a universal truth.

I've been a vegetarian for the last 10 years for ethical reasons. Planning to become a vegan. I don't go around telling meat eaters they shouldn't eat meat and I certainly can't stand having my personal choices criticized by them.

@αλεξης  I didn't see anything in Nicolas' post that was critical of vegetarians.  It seemed more like a general question from someone who was genuinely interested in a discussion of vegetarianism.  

Over the years I've decreased the amount of meat I eat just because the ethically raised meat is so expensive here in the US.  And vegetarian dishes are often great tasting buy themselves and don't need meat.   : )

Yeah. My comment was a reply to lhor's. I didn't mean to sound unnecessarily aggressive, I'm just kind of used to having people start a debate out of nowhere, or try to convince me I'm "wrong" or my choices are stupid whenever I mention I'm a vegetarian. It kind of gets on my nerves frankly.

Anyhow. What most people who eat meat don't understand is that a lot of ethical vegetarians aren't necessarily opposed to eating meat per se, but more to the way animals are bred and raised all their lives to be slaughtered and the miserable conditions they live in before being killed. If people hunted animals for food like lions hunt zebra, it'd be fine by me. What we have created -I mean the whole meat industry basically- is completely against the order of nature.

You can eat anything as long as you can swallow it but if you want a better diet and you are fighting for animal welfare then be a vegetarian. I want to be a vegetarian but its hard for me to do it because Im still living with my parents. I dont have my own kitchen and ref and I am not the one cooking our meal.

Actually I try to not eat red meats but only about the cancers reasons.

And anathème, it's the first time that I see a vegetarian speaking about those reasons, and I will think about it.

But, if I would be an industry, which elevates his animals in good conditions, kissing their nose every night to be sure they do sweet dreams, waking them up by singing Wake Me Up Before You Gogo of Wham, and if I killed them fairly.

Would you eat my meat ?

I'm not anathème anymore. rofl.

Haha, that is completely unrealistic. No one cares about the welfare of animals, what they care about is making money...

I guess it would be a lot better than what's going on right now...but still, actually breeding them for the sole purpose of killing them is not right to me so no I wouldn't.

And besides, I find meat incredibly gross and just the smell of it cooking makes me gag. But that's just me.

And do you eat fishes ?

Nein...I stopped eating fish at the same time I stopped meat. People who say "I'm a vegetarian but I eat chicken and fish" are, in my humble opinion, hypocrits - I mean good for them for not eating red meat but anyone who actually eats animals can't be called a vegetarian. I mean that's common sense.

I don't eat seafood or eggs either, if you really want to know. The only animal products I eat are cheese and dairy and I really want to start cutting that out.

"If people hunted animals for food like lions hunt zebra, it'd be fine by me."

We fish fishes as lions hunts zebra.

Add a comment