[Deleted]
Dogs in China

In Nanjing, China, it is currently very hot. I can't help but worry about the stray dogs who have no water to drink.

Jul 25, 2013 12:55 PM
Comments · 18

It seems that you've been to Nanjing. I'm in Nanjing now. It's sad to say that in China, only those rare animals like panda could be well treated.

July 25, 2013

I have to empathise with your concern for them. I, too, am concerned for animal welfare.  From what I hear, animal welfare in China is generally quite low with their fur farms etc. But I am sure, like any country, there are individuals in China who have a genuine concern for their wildlife and their animals.  However, when I was in China recently, I didn't notice a lot of stray animals, I did see them but there weren't a lot.  The extent of what I saw might be less becasue of where I was and the type of trip I was doing.  I was on a guided tour where I was going to quite touristy places which would have been kept clear of strays.  Also, I was in Beijing and Shanghai, the two main cities. Maybe the government treats it as more of an issue here than in Nanjing? However, when I went on a midnight stroll of Beijing, I did see some stray cats fighting each other but when I was in Shanghai, I didn't see any trace of strays.  Maybe Shanghai's more modern infrastructure and constant development has kept it clear of strays. 

August 21, 2013

In china,some place the people is worse than animal,in the bottom of social,many manual works have a bad life.

August 11, 2013

Good thing Philippines is not that hot.. It's really my wish to make a house or facility for stray dog and cats to stay and be take care of.

July 25, 2013

@Gopi

North of China people eat dogs, but all the Korea eat dogs.

July 25, 2013
Show more