Mark
Which language do you think the most easy to learn? Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Russian.

Which language do you think the most easy to learn? Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Russian.

Which language most widely used in Europe?

Jul 26, 2013 12:16 PM
Comments · 26

I do really envy people who suppose italian to be easy, this language has the most difficult grammar(if we're talking about european lamguages, of course:)). But if ur native language is Russian or something like this, it's easy to pronounce italian words correctly, much easier than English, we have many similar sounds like easy "r". But after 3 years of Italian with much more pleasure i speak Spanish on the resorts :D French has a difficult pronuncation, English is a language of phrasal verbs and idioms... At out linguistic department less tired people are students who study Deutch, so i suppose it to be the easiest. Russian will be too difficult for those in whose native languages there are no inflexions and so on. So i suppose mostly it depends on ur native language:)

November 5, 2013

It is the language that is very similar to your own that would be the easiest. If you know English you know 60% of the vocabulary comes from French. The German grammer is difficult. Russian is one of the hardest for English speakers to pronounce. If you know Spanish it would be easy to learn Italain and Portugese. Just don't learn similar languages at the same time. Learn one hard language and one easy language at the same time about 30 min to an hour a day.

July 26, 2013

you don't putted some languages but if I can choice I put the Galician between Portuguese and Spanish, so will be Portuguese, Galician, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian and German

September 1, 2014

By order: Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian and German.

September 1, 2014

I am a native English speaker, so I don't know about it, but I am guessing that it is not too hard to get an intermediate level of English. There is not so much grammar as most other languages-- but there are so many words! So it is probably difficult to become fluent, but not hard to get tourist English.

Spanish grammar is very regular-- not many exceptions. For me, the accent is not hard to pick up. The spanish language is one of the most direct inheritors from Latin-- so there is more homogeneity in the vocabulary. There is a little Arabic influence. Other than that almost all of the rest comes down from Latin. So I think that helps to keep the grammar regular. There are far fewer words than in English, but they get a lot of use out of them. There seem to be a lot of idioms in Spanish-- more than English. It is another way to get more use out of fewer words. Spanish seems to be easier to pronounce or enunciate also. There seems to be an unwritten rule in Spanish-- if its going to be hard to say, then change the grammar to make it easier. German seems to be the opposite from that. They will keep the word the way it is no matter how hard it is to pronounce.

To sum it up, I have to agree with Doris Day-- English is probably easiest to get to an intermediate level, but Spanish is probably easier to become fluent in.

February 4, 2014
Show more