Why american like to do community service? What community service did you do before?
Why american like to do community service? Even young children are required to do community service for certain hours? What community service did you do before? Why did you choose to do that?
Wow, very interesting and inspiring point of view, Bruce.
Why american like to do community service?
I think many Americans believe that to be well-rounded, you should engage in various types of activities throughout your life. This includes sports, extra-curricular activities, church, social events, work, community service and play. Most institutions (schools, business, church, government, etc.) support this idea and have created an environment where people feel it normal or expected, to participage in such activities. Volunteer work is one such example. Volunteer work is encouraged and rewarded by society at all levels. You get recognized at work (employers allow you to take time off from the office to do volunteer work or they match your donations with their own money), students are awarded scholarships based in part on their community service, and of course you gain favor with church and God when you help your fellow neighbor :)
Even young children are required to do community service for certain hours?
Maybe. I never had to, but it's possible some schools or churches have the kids perform some kind of community service.
What community service did you do before?
Cleaned up parks, grew vegetables for the surrounding community, gave presentations to high school students to help them prepare for college, collected food for the needy, taught workshops on recycling, etc.
Why did you choose to do that?
In part, for the above reasons. Community service is built into the system. Few universities would think too highly of a student with high grades but nothing to show for community service, civic duty, extra-curricular activities, or some other form of participation in society.
On a personal level, it feels good. I find that happiness is often the measure of my service to others.
- For AMERICANS (About slang in America)
- If you have time and money,where would you want to travel?Natural spot or historical relics or metropolis?
- That choice ?
- Language exchange partners
- Seeking for studying partners:) I'm ready to help with Russian&Ukrainian;, need help with German.
- What's your fave english idiom/-s? Please, share!
- Are there anyone who are living in Bei Jing wanna do languages exchange?
- Is anyone here studying design? can you give some suggestions for freshman？
- Chinese learning App/ Websites you find useful? Any recommendations?
- Can you cry ?