When we use...
Friends! Tell me please can we use "any more" in the talking? Thanks
Here in the United States, the rule is:
1. It is spelled as one word when used as an adverb:
a. I do not eat ice cream anymore. ( = no longer)
2. It is spelled as two words when "any" modifies "more."
Mona: Would you like some more apple pie?
Tom: No, thank you. You gave me a very big slice. I do not want any more. (That is, I do not want any more apple pie.)
- Help with English
- We need help with our translation of experimental instrution in analog circuit and digital cicuit
- Which first book to start English?
- Why my Arabic questions are regarded as unclear and not useful?
- Do you have something healthy you enjoy doing??
- Does anyone here speak Esperanto?
- Looking a friend who want practice English
- Lire dans une autre langue
- Looking a friend who want practice Spanish and help me to practice English