When we use...
Friends! Tell me please can we use "any more" in the talking? Thanks
Here in the United States, the rule is:
1. It is spelled as one word when used as an adverb:
a. I do not eat ice cream anymore. ( = no longer)
2. It is spelled as two words when "any" modifies "more."
Mona: Would you like some more apple pie?
Tom: No, thank you. You gave me a very big slice. I do not want any more. (That is, I do not want any more apple pie.)
- Best Armenian resources
- Hello everyone!!
- Accent: the least important, the most cared for!
- Do you know how to change your life?
- A question
- The best way to learn a language
- Losing confidence and starting again with French or other language
- What makes your days happier and more exciting?
- Normal people around here?
- share us this discussion