Is difficult German to learn, when you speak English?
I wonder if knowledge of English will help me to learn basics of German?
Well, interesting question. German and English are both from the same linguistic family: germanic languages. But unfortunately due to historical reasons aprox. 70% of English vocabulary stems from Latin, so only the most common words have remained germanic:
Eng. bread; Germ. Brot
Earth; Erde... and so on.
German grammar is by no means as simple as English and you'll need to study, but... it's a good start anyway!
Have fun! Mach Spass!
It will require quite a bit of time to learn German. Es wird nehmen einige oder vielen Zeit, Deustch zu lernen. But it is possible. Aber es ist moeglich.
- Swing Dancing
- Are foreigner enjoy chat by video or speech？
- Are our Kids Tough Enough : UK vs Chinese Education
- I am looking for English/British friends for language exchange. Could you help me?
- If you don't want to be friends with someone, what will you do? Delete them or simply don't text them back?
- nos souvenirs
- What consider about life in other country?
- NEW HERE :D
- Looking for Intermediate Learners of English
- Finding friends in Language partners... ?