Is difficult German to learn, when you speak English?
I wonder if knowledge of English will help me to learn basics of German?
Well, interesting question. German and English are both from the same linguistic family: germanic languages. But unfortunately due to historical reasons aprox. 70% of English vocabulary stems from Latin, so only the most common words have remained germanic:
Eng. bread; Germ. Brot
Earth; Erde... and so on.
German grammar is by no means as simple as English and you'll need to study, but... it's a good start anyway!
Have fun! Mach Spass!
It will require quite a bit of time to learn German. Es wird nehmen einige oder vielen Zeit, Deustch zu lernen. But it is possible. Aber es ist moeglich.
- Learning Article : 10 Word Pairs That Students Often Misuse In English
- imparare l'inglese
- こんにちは~ ^^
- learn english
- the boring when you talk with a stranger
- May someone help me with this, please?
- Mirror translation
- What do you think about Mexico? :)
- 한국어를 배워요. But I need a language partner!
- How was my day?