Is difficult German to learn, when you speak English?
I wonder if knowledge of English will help me to learn basics of German?
Well, interesting question. German and English are both from the same linguistic family: germanic languages. But unfortunately due to historical reasons aprox. 70% of English vocabulary stems from Latin, so only the most common words have remained germanic:
Eng. bread; Germ. Brot
Earth; Erde... and so on.
German grammar is by no means as simple as English and you'll need to study, but... it's a good start anyway!
Have fun! Mach Spass!
It will require quite a bit of time to learn German. Es wird nehmen einige oder vielen Zeit, Deustch zu lernen. But it is possible. Aber es ist moeglich.
- How that possible not to translate? Any best tips for the difficulty?
- Why is making contacts, or networking an important part of many jobs?
- lets benefit each other !!!
- Ich kann dich englisch lernen!
- What do you do to improve your spoken English when you have no chances to speak it?
- Roses are red, Violets are blue
- Help me :)
- Maroc en Septembre!
- Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
- Is there an advanced English learner free in to practice English now?