Is difficult German to learn, when you speak English?
I wonder if knowledge of English will help me to learn basics of German?
Well, interesting question. German and English are both from the same linguistic family: germanic languages. But unfortunately due to historical reasons aprox. 70% of English vocabulary stems from Latin, so only the most common words have remained germanic:
Eng. bread; Germ. Brot
Earth; Erde... and so on.
German grammar is by no means as simple as English and you'll need to study, but... it's a good start anyway!
Have fun! Mach Spass!
It will require quite a bit of time to learn German. Es wird nehmen einige oder vielen Zeit, Deustch zu lernen. But it is possible. Aber es ist moeglich.
- Should teachers be able to change their italki names?
- What are Low and High Pitches in Japanese?
- What are some good textbooks?
- What are some good textbooks out there?
- 法语 French
- My first time writing in Mandarin Chinese.
- Näköinen Opettaja
- Anyone free in 30 minutes to practice English?
- 내가 언어교환 친구를 알고 싶어요
- Greeting! I'm looking for...