Site Feedback

Hello, How can I improve reading in English?

Share:

Comments

Listen to English programs on the radio and TV so that you can hear the pronunciation, then start by reading children's books.

Another way is to get a book that has also a recording, what one may call an 'audiobook'. So you have the copy of the written book in your hand, and you try reading it while you listen to the reader who is reading it for you. Also try reading it alone, and listen again afterwards to see how well you did. Do not get discouraged if you make a lot of mistakes at first, just keep at it, keep working on it, you will improve as time goes by.

Another way is to get a book that has also a recording, what one may call an 'audiobook'. So you have the copy of the written book in your hand, and you try reading it while you listen to the reader who is reading it for you. Also try reading it alone, and listen again afterwards to see how well you did. Do not get discouraged if you make a lot of mistakes at first, just keep at it, keep working on it, you will improve as time goes by.

^^I definitely use them to enhance my language learning!

Thank you for asking this question because the answers helped me also. I will definitely try an audio book. I have also tried subtitles to movies but not all movies have subtitles in other languages. Fortunately for you, there are lots of American movies that have "closed captioning" in English.

I simply read a lot... i always did.... nine moths after I realized I was learning English I decides to get a book to read, searched on Google for a popular book for young people thinking it would be easy...The first result was Twilight (LOL, I know, I had never heard about it by that time, it was an accident), I downloaded an read it with a dictionary open. Then i read The Lightning Thieve and Succubus Blues. They helped me a lot... One year later a helped fans to translate a book to PT-BR and it was another big jump on learning.

Add a comment