Site Feedback

How you would use 的 in Chinese? If you need simplified chinese just put it into google.

的 is wide used and has a lot of functions in Chinese, today I'll introduce some basic usages.

Also it gets different pronounciations when it has different meanings.I'll give you 注音 because I don't understand 拼音,if you need ping-ying maybe ask for help from people living in main land China sorry.

Actually, I don't suggest people from America or Europe to learn Chinese by ping-ying because your pronunciation might be influenced by your language a lot and sound weird.  

Okay and back to our topic, 的,here's some informations

1.ㄉㄜ˙

媽媽的,我的,狗的,小明的 mother's,my,dog's,小明's 

※小明 is just a name so don't feel confused about it.

In this situation we use 的 to express that someone's or of something/someone.And in Chinese we don't use the case my/your/his/her but put the 的 after I /you/he/she to make adjectives.

And give this a try→ 我的朋友的頭髮全被拔光了

Don't feel afraid to a lot of 的, because it's easy to read.→My friend's hair is all pulled off .

I traslate it word by word you just need to notice the order.

And you can also write in this way:

我朋友頭髮全被拔光了(In an informal oral speaking it is common for us to save all 的,and in writing we often only preserve the first or the last  的)

But when you mustn't save 的?

我(的)狗的毛全被燒光了 my dog's fur is burned all over.

我的狗毛全被燒光了 my fur is burned all over.(If you don't put a 的 between 狗 and 毛,狗毛 is a complete noun that means fur.)

And in this situation,

我的貝拉是個美女 My Bella is a beauty

我貝拉是個美女    I,Bella is a beauty.

So it would make a lot of joke if you don't use 的 or ignore it correctly.

Tell you a secrect there are a lot of situation that 的 can't be killed, and I just get you on the revenge that the thing I was told when learning English--Rule of thumb haha. 

2.ㄉㄜ˙

First situation I use 美麗 to be example.

美麗 is an adjective and also a noun in Chinese. First of all there are a lot of Chinese words act like this.

美麗,beautiful or beauty(But in Chinese we don't speak a beautiful girl is a beauty是個美麗.We use 是個美女/尤物)

她是美麗的 She is beautiful.(By the way in here no one says 她是美麗 even though it has already been an adjective, except that 美麗 is a name.Subject+是+adj的 is often used in Chinese.)

她好美麗 She is so beautiful.(In this sentence we don't give 的 to the sentence I don't know why, but Subject+好+adj)

But notice this sentence 她(是)很美麗的.You often say this sentence to tell other she is truly beautiful but other doesn't agree or it's out of someone's(including yourself) guessing .

And 她很美麗 just means she is beautiful.(nothing else under water.)

Okay it's too much but all about whether you have to give the 的 to the sentence.

This one below is really different from English n take care, so you may have to find out a logic yourself .I use 發瘋 for example , and in this situation you'll find out Chinese words' orders affect a lot.

發瘋 is a verb that means go insane.發瘋的 is an adjective means crazy.

她發瘋了She goes insane(了 gets no important meaning just makes the sentence more completed.)

她是發瘋的she's crazy.

And compare their difference:

小狗發瘋 Tiny dog goes insane.(Completed sentence)

發瘋(的)小狗 Crazy tiny dog/ tiny dog that goes insane(incompleted sentence )

Haha do you get a little sense or think it makes no sense?

The third kind is hard and I won't give an example, just because if you just learnt those things above, then it's too hard for you how idiom form an adjective and it'll interrupt you.But if you read some article you'll find out that yourself.It's really like the second kind,but idioms make you confused.

3.ㄉㄧˊ

"的"確 is pronunced differntly,which means indeed.

Besides 的, you'll find out many characters have different pronouciations in diffent situations.

4.ㄉㄧˋ

目"的"means purpose.

目"的"地 means destination.

波羅"的"海 means Baltic Sea

And don't make them radom: 的 and 得

1.漂亮的/地跳著舞 Dance beautifully

2.舞跳得好 Dance(v.) dance(n.) well

3.眼睛眨得快eyes blink fast

4.慘得嚇人=嚇人的慘

1.When the adv. goes before the verb,we use  的or 地. 

2and3.When you put an adv. after a verb and the adv. is describing how the verb is, you use 得.

Hum we use a verb 跳 to mean dance, and a noun 舞 to mean dance.

4.I don't know how to traslate it exactly.The first  means about tragically scary,and the second means about horribly tagic.慘 is a word that is an exact adj.,but 嚇人 is like 發瘋 can be a verb,too. 

Anyway,after you know this,you'll have more idea when reading Chinese article.

Thanks for your reading.Hope this helps.

Share:

Comments

No comment given.

Add a comment