hedydd_elias
That place west of England?

It's Ireland right?

Wrong! It's Wales, my home.

You see, alot of people aren't actually aware that Wales exists, we have our own language and alot of people don't even realise that!

Wales was actually what it is now, England, AND half of Scotland! Granted, that was a VERY long time ago!

I wanted to know what you know about Wales? If you don't, would you want to know more?

I think it's interesting really, because so many people think of the "United Kingdom" as "England", it's actually not. Ireland, Scotland and Wales have different traditions and much older traditions than England. Wales is fortunate enough to have a language which is still alive... just!

Thank you for reading,
I'd love for you to write your thoughts etc and tell me if you want to know more!

Aug 2, 2013 1:45 PM
Comments · 43

DamskiyUgodnik; well... It's complicated. I mean, there are even people in England who just think that Wales is part of England. I was speaking with someone in England and they asked,

"where do you come from?" so I said,
"I'm Welsh"

"Oh... where's that?"

"It's west of England."
"No, no, no I think you're confusing that with Ireland"

So... I mean really... I don't know!

Wales has immigrants, I won't lie to you. Wales is small though, I mean, we barely have a population of 3million people and hardly 17% of the population state Welsh as their first language or of being able to speak the language. Cardiff, our capital city, is home to only 300,000 people.

On an end note, I'd like to say I don't appreciate your swearing as I don't believe the statements in which you swore are true. Immigrants have not turned every European capital into a bad place. You have to look beyond the people and onto the culture and the architechture and the history. If the European civilisation is dying, I don't think it is because of immigrants. Also, okay, there are alot of Polish people living in Wales, but, that doesn't destroy Wales. I'll tell you what's destroying Wales... People who move here and are not willing to accept our language, culture and heritage, but even worse, people (mainly from England - sorry guys, I know not all of you) who buy "holiday" homes or second homes, they might buy one or two "holiday" homes, and THAT is killing Wales. I could say more, but I won't.

August 3, 2013

My friend has been there and took many photos. I think it is a nice place!  ^_^

August 2, 2013

Ha ha. @DamskiyUgodnik! Well, I am not really that blind for the negative effects of the multicultural society, but the thing is, many people in Western Europe do not like the immigrants coming from Eastern Europe, like for example Russia, that much either! Some joking guy from Dutch parliament even set up a support site to collect complaints about drunken Russians. Do not take it personally. :-)

But let us just talk about Welsh language and culture here.

August 3, 2013

All I know about that country is the name itself "Wales" other than that I don't know anything. Well I guess it would be interesting to know about your country. can you give me a sight which I can have an idea what is your country, what are the people there? Website with photos from your place will be much appreciated. Actually you are the first person from Wales that I have seen.

August 2, 2013

Iris; I'm glag you think so! I do too!

lionel_zhao; Yes, we do, we usually wear it on St David's day (or Dydd Gwyl Dewi) which is March 1st. I will find an example for you and post a link up for you to see!

Shehzad Naeem; Yes, they are all different countries. With Ireland though, there is Ireland and the Republic of Ireland... that's another story though. Great Britain and the United Kingdom are actually different things too! Great Britain is Wales, Scotland and England; the United Kingdom is England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales; then you have the British Isles which is England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland!

August 2, 2013
Show more