need help in urgent stuff
i have very important question ?
i have heard that in the entrance door of Hall nation there is poem of an Iranian poet called sa'di shirazi and U.S. President Barack Obama quoted this in his videotaped Nowruz (New Year's) greeting to the Iranian people in March 2009.
here the poem in Farsi and its translation for more info
بنی آدم اعضای یک پیکرند
که در آفرينش ز یک گوهرند
چو عضوى به درد آورد روزگار
دگر عضوها را نماند قرار
تو کز محنت دیگران بی غمی
نشاید که نامت نهند آدمی
Human beings are members of a whole,
In creation of one essence and soul.
If one member is afflicted with pain,
Other members uneasy will remain.
If you have no sympathy for human pain,
The name of human you cannot retain.
i am afraid i could not find any info about in , so i am going to ask you to help me whether it is true or not .
your prompt answer would be highly appropriated.
I know that in the United Nations in New York City there is a Persian poem posted. I think it is the one which you mentioned. As for Barack Obama quoting it, I do not know.
President Obama quotes one line from the poem at about 3:00.
yes it is true.sa'di was a famous poet
- Has anyone taken the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)?
- please help
- 1-2 minutos en español por 30 minutos en inglés
- Any English speakers who are living in Beijing China and wants to study Chinese?
- Tell me something you will never do again and why?
- Roses given,fragrance in hand.
- You are beautiful? Are you handsome? What is beauty? What is handsome?
- Learning the Language