need help in urgent stuff
i have very important question ?
i have heard that in the entrance door of Hall nation there is poem of an Iranian poet called sa'di shirazi and U.S. President Barack Obama quoted this in his videotaped Nowruz (New Year's) greeting to the Iranian people in March 2009.
here the poem in Farsi and its translation for more info
بنی آدم اعضای یک پیکرند
که در آفرينش ز یک گوهرند
چو عضوى به درد آورد روزگار
دگر عضوها را نماند قرار
تو کز محنت دیگران بی غمی
نشاید که نامت نهند آدمی
Human beings are members of a whole,
In creation of one essence and soul.
If one member is afflicted with pain,
Other members uneasy will remain.
If you have no sympathy for human pain,
The name of human you cannot retain.
i am afraid i could not find any info about in , so i am going to ask you to help me whether it is true or not .
your prompt answer would be highly appropriated.
I know that in the United Nations in New York City there is a Persian poem posted. I think it is the one which you mentioned. As for Barack Obama quoting it, I do not know.
President Obama quotes one line from the poem at about 3:00.
yes it is true.sa'di was a famous poet
- what do you think about duolingo?
- About happyness
- Knowledge or marks which is important in life or for a good job?
- which language should i start with
- What do u think it's pretty different between Eastern and Western culture?
- if let you suggest book for kids,如果让你推荐几本书给孩子们
- hows wanna learn arabic
- Italian possessives of proper nouns
- Want to improve my french skills!
- Το δημοψήφισμα