What does "white blanket" mean?
I was watching Regular show, there was a scene where 2 characters were watching a funny show, then the third character came up to them and said the show wasn't funny. "You are white blanket, man", they replied. I understand that that means something like "a bore", but I can't find it on the internet and in the dictionaries. Do you use "white blanket" phrase?
You probably mean "a wet blanket", which means someone who says something that spoils people's enjoyment, or as you said, something boring or depressing.
Oh yes, it's "wet blanket", now I could hear it! Thank you!
- why Arabic ?
- Does having"C1"or"C2" mean that you don't write notebook entries?
- Are you afraid of something?
- How many teachers did you try before you found the right one?
- As a Spanish speaker when you meet another Spanish speaker abroad do you talk to them in English?
- Words as weapons
- I want to learn English
- how long have you know this webpage?
- How to think in another(forieng) language?
- english partner