Site Feedback

I'm from China I want to learn English My English is very bad hope to interact with each other to improve

I'm from China I want to learn English My English is very bad hope to interact with each other to improve

Share:

Comments

When I first went to England, my English was shockingly bad. I knew all the grammar but I found it very difficult to communicate with people. I was really disappointed when the teacher at my language school put me in Elementary Class after the level test, and began from "Where are you going?", "Can you slow down a bit." these very basic stuff. 

From my expeince, there's no other way but to USE it! I'd say my English began to improve dramatically after I had found my first job that none of my colleagues spoke Chinese.

Another thing I've found stops Chinese people to speak good English is cutural knowledge.  I didn't know what happened in the Western world before the 90's. I didn't grow up with that information. I didn't even know who ABBA are....lacking of cultural knowledge gave me a very hard time to have conversations with the native speakers. So at the end, the only ones who'd like to talk with you are those "geeky" people who are into Asian culture (no offense:) ).

Also, it's better to pick a "type" of English that you'd like to learn and stick with it: British, American, Australian, etc... because the expressions can be very different, so you need to watch out.

Good luck!!!

Oh, by the way, 你的照片的手势在英国是“滚开”,“你去死吧” 的意思。最好不要做这个手势!

可以在网上查历史典故:)

Hey, I am english and interested in being your language partner! Hahha, unlike what the girl said in the above post, I am not a geeky person :) 

X

There is no shorcut to have good command of English . If your level is too low to speak , I would suggest you start from more basic conversation or sentences . Do not overestimate your capacity and certainly be honest to your level .That will help you how to  improve your English . 

Add a comment