what does it mean?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
What do you think is the idea behind it?
His message behind this quote is that preparation is a key ingredient to success. You would spend 4 hours sharperning the axe, allowing you to get a sharp axe. This means you can chop the trees within a short period of time. So always prepare for any task beforehand.
It means that prepartion is good in order to do something proper.
Preparation. Having the right tools for job makes the task easier and makes you more effectual and efficient. If the axe is sharp - i.e. the tools prepared - the cutting down will take less time.
- Learning Article : What Is Fluency?: Exploring Different Types
- Things I don't understand
- Best Mongolian resources
- Best Armenian resources
- Hello everyone!!
- Accent: the least important, the most cared for!
- Do you know how to change your life?
- A question
- The best way to learn a language
- Losing confidence and starting again with French or other language