what does it mean?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
What do you think is the idea behind it?
His message behind this quote is that preparation is a key ingredient to success. You would spend 4 hours sharperning the axe, allowing you to get a sharp axe. This means you can chop the trees within a short period of time. So always prepare for any task beforehand.
It means that prepartion is good in order to do something proper.
Preparation. Having the right tools for job makes the task easier and makes you more effectual and efficient. If the axe is sharp - i.e. the tools prepared - the cutting down will take less time.
- Hi. I grew up in Da Nang , VietNam. English is my second language.
- Wedding blessings needed!
- what is the most famous think in your country ?
- A website to practice with music
- Do you have any plan in September ? :))
- what do you think about tagalog language?
- I would like to speak better
- Spanish conversation (advance level)
- Marry a foreigner!
- Tópicos para escrever