In this modern life, do all Russian still believe in superstition, if so could you tell me what kind of superstition do you believe most and why?
If a black cat crosses one's way it means that he/she will encounter some trouble on this his/her way. One should immediately spit three times over his/her left shoulder and don't go the way that the black cat had crossed.
If you want to shake my hand, you can never ever do it through the door: you have to come in, otherwise we will quarrel.
If you come back to ur house just after you left - look at the mirror, it's for your own good.
If you're sitting at the corner of the table, you won't be married for 7 years.
If a fork falls, a woman is going to come, if a knife falls, a man will certainly appear.
One of the superstition among the russian students is to stick your head out the window overnight before the exams and shout loudly :"HALYAVA". ("freebie" in english)
It's supposed to bring you luck )))))
I'm not supertitious, because I believe that being superstitious brings bad luck.
If you put your purse on the floor, you lose your money. Sounds ridiculous, but I never put my purse on the floor.
Other superstition I have is to bring my money in a red wallet. I learned this of the chinese.
I'm not good enough in English. If a correction is necessary, go ahead.
Spasibo Light, Neil i Fernanda ))
- How did you overcome the difficulties of the beginning of new language learning ？
- Where can I find someone to talk in English?
- Meaning of arabic words
- 8/30: Fun English Teasers for English Learners (Difficulty: Easy)
- Fun English Teasers for English Learners
- Bound root morphemes
- I'm learning English and I can teach Spanish.
- What is your favourite food or things you would buy if you visit Korea?!!? (한국오면 꼭 살것들!?)
- Problems with prepositions in Spanish?
- What features do you think should be added to italki?