Site Feedback

Do you work well with others and accept criticism good maturely?

Lets take  a personality check in our behavior and on dealing with other people's criticism.

Share:

Comments

I don't work with others at all. In group when we discuss or work with something subjective or sensitive I often get frustrated at others and getting headache after headache. I hate it, maybe because my personality or bad experience.

Though, I can deal with others criticism. I appreciate when someone tell their opinion, even when they are getting hard on me.

I am usually classified as a "sole contributer".  I was once assigned to a group project where my valid proposal was rejected for another that I knew to be wrong and was eventually scrapped.  What bothered me most about the group dynamics was when they asked me to be reasonable and then they voted in favor of the incorrect approach.

My teaching philosophy is to avoid telling my students that they have made an error.  Instead, I offer a recommendation as to how a native speaker would say or write the word or sentence.  Because I take correction so poorly, I avoid telling others they are wrong.  Those that are wrong will band together and vote me wrong.

I think this is a really terrible topic for discussion.

Hi ...Godnatt, xarmenia and magenta.....thanks for your very good comments.

Hello Boots:

Some people cannot take criticism well.

Besides that,  criticism  can be  offered in a way that is hurtful,   as well as being offered in a way that is helpful.

Some will grow from it and be better informed, whereas others will carry resentment about the criticism.

Also,  the context of criticism  is  important.   For example,  there can be a criticism of a "person"  or there can be a criticism of what a person does, which could be done better.

There is an excellent example from "Magenta" who criticizes the discussion topic.

How can we address this specific criticism "maturely"?

We can examine it,  and it might occur to us that no reasons are given.

So the criticism is not objective but subjective.  It's a personal opinion rather than a fact.

Personal opinions are weak observations  generally, whereas the introduction of a  relevent fact would be a more meaningful criticism.

Criticism, at least in its milder, and technical and grammatical form is a necessary part of learning a language; but I do not like to criticize every little mistake in pronuncation  when  working with someone.

Bruce....I was joking.

I can cooperate with other people....until you give me bad feedback, I will be sensitive and offended.

Hi all.... Thanks for all very good commentary, as for Bruce..... ya sure  you have a very good explanation about the discussed topic.

Add a comment