Site Feedback

Do you ever experience your-mind-goes-blank when you want to speak in other language?

Hi everybody.

I am now still studying English. I have problem in speaking. Sometimes my mind goes blank when I want to speak. I do feel afraid if I say something wrong. Do you ever experience something like me whenever you learn other language? FYI, I don't have some problem when I write this discussion but if I have to say it, well, maybe it's not as quick as when I write. How should I do?

Share:

Comments

Ask anyone who has spoken with me in a language other than English.  First my mind goes blank searching for the lost word or expression and then I am flooded with the word in five other languages. Basura.

yes of course . even without answering any questions  our mind goes blank for seconds or minute thats how our brain process . but in cases where in we have limited knowledge or know how about something

of course we get into that memory loss. but somehow we retrieved of what is talked about.

I have the same problem when I have to write something in English (at the moment I'm not speaking in English with anyone). And it's pretty frustrating... I believe my understanding level is quite good. I can read something and understand it completely, but when it's me who has to say the same... words don't come to my head. I guess lack of practice is the reason. The most you write in English, the easier it will be to you. The most you speak in English, the easier it will be to you. And DON'T BE AFRAID. TRY, even when you're not sure if what you're saying is correct. You'll be corrected if it's not, and you'll learn.

The MORE you speak, the MORE you write - that was a mistake!

@ melina what do you mean by "The MORE you speak, the MORE you write - that was a mistake!"? Is that a common issue that if I speak more than I can write as well? Hm I doubt it. @.@

No, I was correcting what I said in my previous message. I said "The MOST you write in English, the easier it will be to you. The MOST you speak in English, the easier it will be to you", but then I realised it was incorrect. "The MORE you write in English, the eaiser it will be to you. The MORE you speak in English, the easier it will be to you" is what I should have writen, I believe. I'm sorry I wasn't clear!

Lack of knowledge and too much emphasis on correct output hindered me to get fluencly in speaking.  

@Sri Lestari : It goes same with me. So how is it now? Do you have a better speaking?

It is the worse thing that could happen when somebody is on the middle of seriuse meeting in order to solve something and your mind goes BLANK!

It was happened for me last week when a company called me to have an interview for a job ,it's awful!

My mind often goes blank when I'm speaking in my own language, so why wouldn't it do the same thing when I'm speaking in a foreign one?    :)

Add a comment