Site Feedback

A question for native arabic speakers Masri & MSA

this post is require the native arabic speaker.

would like to know,

on the street, (educated and non-educated people are all included)

which one that any arabe from any country would feel more easier for let them speak or adabt into 

Masri, or MSA in general ?

Share:

Comments

When speaking on street, everyone speaks in their own dialect.

All Egyptians speak "Masri" every where, We just use MSA while reading, studying Arabic language or in a scientific or religious courses or conferences, but not always. you know it is gonna be weird to speak MSA in streets if you are not foreign.

@flora and @ Hassan

didn't answer my post yet.

maybe due my  question wasn't clear. so may i  repeat it again,

i ask, outside of egypt, arabe from others countries, are they more of them can speak better MSA or Masri ?

thanks for shareing.

Well...Sorry for that confusion, All Arabs know both of MSA and Masri, but I think it depends on the country itself..  The majority of Arabs would speak MSA better than Masri , because it is the standard language for the Arab nations and Masri is just "well-known" only by its natives (Egyptians). but some uneducated people cannot speak MSA properly, So I think it is gonna be easy for them to talk in Masri.
Masri dialect is so famous due to the Egyptian movies, songs or theatre. And most of Arab people loves the Egyptian dialect. I have had friends from syria in real life, they used to speak Masri and i was so happy for that.
and there I realized how it is so popular dialect. Also i have had friends from Palestine, Lebanon and kuwait and they think that Egyptian dialect is so funny and they like hearing it and speaking it.
So, MSA is the Most popular ever. and any educated person can speak it very well. Masri could come after MSA in popularity, but it is know by every one who love the Egyptian moveis, Songs and theatre.

I agree with Hassan, I think he said something very important. Even you speak another dialect or MSA. The important is to be understood. The Egyptian accent is a famous one around the arab countries in fact their famous movies and songs and so ones. Therefore, seems strange to speak with your friend with another accent you're non native speaker on it. I meant, for example, I am Moroccan and speak with my friends in Labanese?? 

In other hand, you can use your accent as well and don't need to be a native speaker. Actually my sister is married an Egyptian guy, and he speak in his accent, and also we do speak in Moroccan and he can understand us. Of course, at the first time, you cannot understand, but after a while, you may understand everything said. For MSA, it sounds strange to speak it with the streets, if you do that, it means you're a foreign person who can speak Arabic to communicate with Arabs. In that time, people will try to explain and keep in touch with your in MSA even they don't respect the rules of grammar. Anyway the important is to communicate and to understand each others.

it's a little diffeclt because there are a different dialect, the manner to pronounce an arabic word is different from a coutry to another

"i ask, outside of egypt, arabe from others countries, are they more of them can speak better MSA or Masri ?"

For example, a Lebanese person won't speak any of them. Why should he/she speak Egyptian or MSA? Lebanese people speak Lebanese dialect. So, even if they can understand MSA (Of course, they can) and other dialects, they'll use their dialect, because they're used to it.

To make it clearer, I'm Egyptian, I'm studying MSA at school, so I can understand it (but make gramatical mistakes if I used it, like most of Arab people). Also, I can understand Lebanese and Gulf dialects to some extent. But I never speak in any of them. I speak Egyptian only. Because even if I can understand other dialects, it'll be strange to speak in them. Sometimes, we try to imitate Arabs from other countries and speak their dialects, it's funny!

In short, speaking is different from understanding. 

Add a comment