Can somebody tell me why we pronounce "one" like "won" and not "oh-ne?"
Because English spelling rules are stupid.
Actually 'one' should be pronounced the same as 'own' using the normal spelling rules of English.
If you re-arrange the letters of 'own' you can get 'won', right?
How words should be spelled using normal English spelling rules:
one/won - wun
have - hav
two - too
English - Inglish
Wall - Wahl
Light - Lite
Height - Hite
Weight - Wayt
Floor - Flaw
Sure - Shaw
Me - Mee
I - Ie/Y/Ai
You - Yoo
We - Wee
English has a lot of exceptions to it's normal spelling rules.
- ¿Miembros Españoles, Dónde Estás?
- Unterschied zwischen "Tschüss" und "Auf Wiedersehen"
- Have you ever been in Bethlehem (Palestine)?
- Life is life!
- Hi,everyone,I wanna learn English.
- Solo intentalo... Just try
- i want to learn English !!
- It's Friday
- i want student english