Site Feedback

Best languages to study

I've read this article on <The Telegraph>, although it is surveyed among British companies, but what do you guys think? 

(These rankings are based on a survey carried out for the CBI Education & skills survey 2012, in which 542 UK firm managers were asked which languages are useful to their business.)

10. Portuguese
Brazil recently overtook the United Kingdom as the world's sixth-largest economy, and with the football World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics just around the corner, all eyes will be on this Portuguese-speaking "Bric" nation.

9. Japanese
Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt's love of the lambada may have earned him more ridicule than respect, but his proficiency in Japanese – he spent two years teaching English in Japan – is held in high esteem among his parliamentary colleagues, and came in useful on a recent trade mission to Japan.

8. Russian
Relations with Russia haven't exactly been warm since the end of the Cold War – from the Litvinenko poisoning to the infamous Moscow "spy rock" – but according to the Government's Trade & Investment website, Russia is the UK's fastest-growing major export market.

7. Cantonese
The majority of the UK's Cantonese speakers have ties to Hong Kong, where it is the official language. But Cantonese is spoken much more widely around the world, with nearly 70 million native speakers.

6. Arabic
Any who doubts the importance of Arabic-speaking business to the United Kingdom's economy should take a look at The Shard – the tallest building in Western Europe was largely made possible by Qatari investment. Or they could just ask a Manchester City fan.

5. Polish
Polish makes the top five, with 19 per cent of UK managers rating it as useful for their organisations. Large-scale Polish migration to the UK after the country's admission to the European Union made the headlines, but as the largest consumer market of the new EU member states and the only EU country to avoid recession since the downturn began, business ties with Poland extend considerably further.

4. Chinese (Mandarin)
The official language of China – the world's most populous and economically dynamic nation – features highly in managers' preferences. In 2006 Brighton College became the first school in the United Kingdom to made studying Mandarin compulsory for all 13 year-olds.

3. Spanish
Valued as a major European language but also as the leading language of fast-growing Latin American economies – as well as its continued rise to prominence in the United States – Spanish is rated as useful by 37 per cent of the employers surveyed.

2. French
It may be in seemingly terminal decline as a subject of study in our secondary education system, but proficiency in French remains a highly sought-after skill among UK employers, with 49 per cent rating it as useful for their organisations.

1. German
Germany remains the largest single export market for British goods outside of the USA, and Europe's largest economy – with a GDP of more than €2.4 trillion – continues to defy the eurozone downturn. So it's no surprise that UK companies want to hire employees who know their umlauts from their eszetts.

Share:

Comments

Spanish is a good language to learn, but who is the situation of the world i recomend study germany, its better for your future than Spanish, german offer most opportunities to have a goog job:)

I'm curious how that list would be different if the survey was conducted in Australia. German, French and Spanish would probably be lower on the list and Mandarin, Canonese, Japanese and Arabic would certainly be higher. Some of Indonesian, Hindi, Greek and Italian would probably be on the list as well.

Interesting! The situation in my country is different though. I speak English and French but they companies don't care much about French. At work, they sometimes ask me a few words in French, because people here think it is a romantic language, but that is all.  I think English remains a highly valued language in South America.

Saludos!

Warum lerne ich Deutsch?

Die deutsche Grammatik ist schwer zu erlernen!

Substantive, Artikel, Adjektive und Pronomen werden im Deutschen dekliniert. Die Deklination hängt von der grammatischen (syntaktischen) Funktion des Wortes im Satz ab. Es gibt vier Fälle (Kasus): Nominativ, Genitiv, Dativ, Akkusativ. Im Nominativ steht das Subjekt des Satzes. Der Genitiv drückt in der Regel Besitz oder Zugehörigkeit zu etwas aus. Die Objekte stehen im Dativ und Akkusativ. Auch Präpositionen bewirken eine Deklination des auf sie folgenden Substantivs, Artikels usw. Jede Präposition fordert in der Regel einen bestimmten Fall (Kasus), z.B.: Der Garten liegt hinter dem Haus (Dativ), Er hängt das Bild an die Wand (Akkusativ).

Deutsch hat ein Genus-System, jedes Substantiv hat ein Genus (Maskulinum, Femininum, Neutrum). Am Genus des Substantivs orientieren sich das Genus eines Adjektivs oder eines Artikels, die zu der Substantivgruppe gehören. Die Deklination der Substantiv auch hängt von Geschlecht ab.

Warum lerne ich Deutsch?

Ich lerne Deutsch, weil ich deutsche Verwandte haben. Ich möchte Deutschland wieder besuchen. Auch glaube ich dass die deutsche Sprache richtig geil klingt.

Me gusta el sistema lingüístico español de las cinco vocales. Los fonemas vocálicos españoles son / a e i o u / y son fáciles de decir y comprender. El español es uno de los idiomas más fonéticos del mundo. Si sabes cómo se escribe una palabra, casi siempre se puede saber cómo se pronuncia. Por razones demográficas, el porcentaje de población mundial que habla español como lengua nativa está aumentando, mientras la proporción de hablantes de chino e inglés desciende. En el 2030, el 7,5% de la población mundial será hispanohablante (un total de 535 millones de personas), porcentaje que destaca por encima del ruso (2,2%), del francés (1,4%) y del alemán (1,2%). En 2050, Estados Unidos será el primer país hispanohablante del mundo. 20 datos sobre el idioma español http://blog.palabea.com/index.php/20-datos-sobre-el-idioma-espanol/?lang=es La conjugación de verbos es fácil, si utiliza un programa informático para conjugar los verbos de español. Se puede escribir fácilmente el infinitivo de un verbo español, luego aprieta el botón "Conjugar" para ver la tabla de conjugación. Es fácil aprender a usar la tabla de conjugación para determinar la forma correcta del verbo que quieres usar correctamente en una frase en español. Las conjugaciones de verbos españoles no son ningún obstáculo para que el idioma español se convierta en el próximo idioma internacional en la era del ordenador.

El modo indicativo es la forma usual para hablar de hechos. El indicativo se utiliza en conjunción con expresiones de la realidad: expresa la verdad objetiva y de la certeza. El subjuntivo en español se utiliza en conjunción con expresiones de duda y expresiones de emoción. Tengo dificultades con el abundante uso del modo subjuntivo y la diferencia entre los verbos "ser" y "estar". El uso preciso de los verbos son especialmente difíciles de dominar. La gramática de los verbos en español es más difícil que la gramática de los verbos en Inglés. Se necesita tiempo para determinar el modo correcto del verbo. Además, necesito tiempo para utilizar un programa informático para las conjugaciones de los verbos. ... :(

German grammar is difficult to learn!

Nouns, articles, adjectives and pronouns are declined in German. The declination depends on the grammatical function of the word in the sentence. There are four cases: nominative, genitive, dative, accusative. The nominative is the subject of the sentence. The genitive case expresses the possession of a noun or the belonging to something. The indirect object of the sentence is expressed in the dative case, and the direct object is expressed in the accusative case.

German has a three gender noun system, every noun has a gender (masculine, feminine, neuter). The declination of the noun also depends on its gender. The declination of an adjective also depends on the gender of the noun that the adjective describes, and how it's grouped with another adjective. The declination of an article also depends on the gender of the noun that belongs with the article.

Why am I learning German?

I don't really enjoy learning the difficult grammar of the German language. I find that learning German grammar is really boring and it's sometimes frustratingly difficult for me to learn, but it's necessary for learning the German language. I'm learning German because I have German relatives with whom I want to better communicate. I hope someday to visit Germany again. I also believe that the German language sounds really awesome.

Fortunately for those who are learning English grammar, it is not as difficult to learn English grammar as it is to learn German grammar.

In the last years, many students go to Germany to study for a months. Another thing is many people are studying Chinese due to their economic development in these years. I agree with Marco Fierro, here people think French is the love language and English is much appreciated.

I would like to study German but I have no time to learn Russian.

Add a comment