La lumière absente
Russian Thought

As Russian, could you tell me what you as Russian thought these days? Any thought you might pass in your mind as Russian? I really want to know.

Spasibo.

Aug 31, 2013 1:29 AM
Comments · 13

It' s a very funny question. Every person has its own thoughts. A Russian villager having no TV thinks only about his vegetables and animals. My granny has a lot of frightening thoughts about car crashes or thieves or illnesses (which really annoys me), and she also thinks about our family a lot.

I think about a great number of things, from my own life to global things.

If you want to know my thoughts about Russia I can tell you that recently I've learnt about our previous external trade that we exported things from hemp such as ropes and sails. Great Britain bought 90 % of hemp ropes from Russian in 18th-19th centuries because hemp material is stronger than flax. Paper was made from hemp, for example the first American dollars. But in 20th century some foolish people said that hemp is dangerous and broke off hemp trade. It' s a pity.. I hope hemp will be legalised.  Another pitiful thing is that we had wonderful tea from the herb called blooming sally. It is really very good for health,  in 18-19th centuries Europe bought this tea and called it Russian tea. But then rivals' antiadvertising broke off the tea trade. Now we don't even know about this tea in Russia. My granny stored up the herb but I didn't know it's so good for health. I'm glad I've read this information. Now I'm going to store up some blooming sally.

Another recent thought was about Iceland, what a wonderful economy they've managed to make. I wish them every success! And I think a lot about my lessons, how to improve them and so on.. I think that we have too many foreigners working here illegally for tiny salary!  I think that Russian nature is the most beautiful for me. I don't want to go to any resorts abroad. I'm happy in Russian forest! No mosquitoes can frighten me. I want so much to go to our country house but I'm sick now. I love the Russian language and I like to think about the etymology of different words... Well, I think enough for now.)))

August 31, 2013

Наверное, ответить нужно было по-английски?

Про экономику России, в ближайшие годы, лучше даже не начинать думать.

Умирает Россия...( Всё очень плохо! Разруха в стране полная! Мы ничего не производим, только потребляем. Воровство процветает в космических масштабах (воруют миллионами - миллиардами). "И за крупные кражи не сажают в тюрьму, а вот за украденный мешок картошки могут посадить..." (это сейчас основная мысль в стране) Пока есть нефть и газ, пока народ зомбируется TV и пьёт водку - жизнь кое-как идёт. Закончится нефть - и свет погаснет...(

Дальше лучше не продолжать...

Такие вот мысли)

August 31, 2013

It is not quite so. Now more and more people in Russia don't drink vodka. We broke the bad habits and began to do sports. The young have a new motto: "Russian means sober". So I think that only together we can do our beloved Motherland great and strong!

August 31, 2013

My home where I am. My homeland is my family.

I do all I can in order to my family live better. Here and now.

April 11, 2014

Not sure what you are asking.

August 31, 2013
Show more