Site Feedback

Near to a new possible war in Syria, is the force always justified?

I would like to know your opinion. If this is an issue of what is right and wrong or merely about money.

Share:

Comments

This is a intresting question. I will give you my opinion for what its worth. Did Assad use chemical weapons? Its hard to know. If he did is war the correct response? That too is hard to say. I would be more convinced by UN mandated security council resolution. 

Air strikes would certainly help the rebels win. If the rebels win that is not necessarily great for the west. There are lots of Islamic extremist elements. Who would come out on top the democratic or extremist elements after the revolution?

Therefore I think we should not go to war because we could end up actually creating an extremist regime which actually wants our destruction (as we did with the Taliban in Afghanistan during the 1980s). 

Hi Raffaelle.... in my opinion it is a matter of  right and wrong. I hope it will not come to a point

to a more devastating situation.

it is merely WRONG - to use abuse of authority by what we call leader as in the case of Assad.

He used a powerful massive destruction weapon to conquer extremist without considering innocent

people/civilians. this is to be addressed to not be repeated again. I pity the early deaths of the victims.

merely Right to make war with him for an airstrike. it is necessary to stop the weapon of mass destruction. it is not right to involve civilians and innocent people just to scare his enemies.

not right to tell the world that he (Assad) can easily use such weapon in a blink of an eye.

Hi,

İn my opinion all deads and all wars are evil. And none of al wars dont get peace in world. We can see in in Iraq, Afghanistan and the other parts os world.

For a long time there was a battle in Syria and thousands of men were killed. İ wonder why the world dont say anything and only they watched before using chemical weapons.

İf you kill anyone with a gun, it is not important; but İ you kill him with chemical weapon, İt is the cause of war. Dead is dead.   

Hello
I live in Syria, Assad Syrians killed every day, and the world is watching and is silent about his crimes, I read some of the comments and was amazed to speak an extreme that the Syrian people, I ask now what do you expect from the people die p over three years and the world is watching, the Syrian people is not angels, Assad used chemical and kill Syrians and Syria will remain a stain on the conscience of all humanity

a good question...im from iran and as some one who lives in middle east when evet the us try to involve in our regions issues it has just made a bad situation unto a disaster...afghan people are really poor...eraqies are living in an unsecure situation...

saudy areibia!!!!shame on them their just americas slaves...

do you think us government can have a solution????the best obama can do is just not to do anything...

Kendell, I have been regularly reading Discussions on italki since last November, and have read hundreds of posts.  Your post is one of the most excellent ones I have read.

But shame on you, Fateme, for attempting to cast the blame for the tragedy and turmoil unfolding in Syria on other countries, while you fail to mention that your own government is lavishing military support, weapons, and supplies on the murderous Syrian government.  You have embarrassed yourself and your country with your deceitful post.  However, to others who may read my comments, I want to state clearly that in criticizing the Iranian government, and those like Fateme who slavishly parrot its views, I have nothing against the Iranian people as a whole.

war is unjustified because it create danger to all huminity and leads to cruelty..

Money.

Western media, as the media on the whole, is really unreliably source of information. So just use the reasoning, while Assad was winning over "rebels", it would be so stupid of him to use chemical weapons, as it is the only thing which would make the West intervene ("the red line" which Obama drew), not likely he sought this intervention, right? While Obama is itching to get involved in it and "bring democracy" and it would help rebles to win too. Do you really think the airforce they will use will not cause civilian victims?

Haven't the USA used the same false pretense to invade Iraq? And what? Democracy? The country is ruined, and so are a lot of people's lives. Anybody got it? The pretense was false. Who cares? Now they have US-appointed government, which is supposed to represent Iraqi people,but as you can imagine, it serves the interests of whom? Are there any people prosecuted for war crimes? Surprise! - No. Those who are talking about these crimes are being prosecuted.

And while you are blaming Fateme for "slavishly parrotting its views", I am surprised to see that there are still people who believe that the USA is starting the wars for a good cause. As its government talks about peace, but brings war, and it has happened so many times.

As with most things in life, it probably isn't a black-and-white issue.

Does the US have its own interests in mind (whether it be money, power, etc...) when considering intervening in Syria? Is the US just an evil entity working to pull the puppet strings of the Middle East? I doubt it.

Is the US an angel in disguise working solely to save the lives of innocent women and children? I also doubt this as well.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I have read all of your comments. I know it would be an ending never story. It's curious to me read the different viewpoints that you are explaned. You have expressed your opinion firstly (I suppose) based on the place where you are living. It was not my intention to create an international dispute between the Wester and Middle Eastern, but we all realized how hard is to make a decision. I can only say that if there is an International Organization like UN is, I really don't know why their observers did not supervisor as they should. Are they worker or puppets? What they do every day? Few mounths ago, in Egypt, happened the same unheard, slakers and inefective diplomacy. 

Everyone wants a safe place to live, I would not want that after the military operations against Assad, in a few years there was another war against who those now defend. That's all.

Add a comment