Site Feedback

Should we have only one language

In my opinion, Should we have only one language.

why we learn much languages, why we spend much time for learn languages, if we can spoke only one language. I know that different languages is a beautiful thing, but at the same time an obstacle in front of people communicate. I am ready to give up my language in order that the world speaks one language.

how about you?

Share:

Comments

I won't give up my language for the sake of one world language. Actually I am against the idea of a world speaking one language. Different languages make the world an exciting place and learning different languages is even more exciting.

No...because if there is only one language I will not have a job.

I like learning other languages but i don't give up my language

Imagine, if people around the world speak only one language that is LOVE or PEACE, then what a wonderful world we have.  If in that case, I agree. However, if one language you mean the official, dialect, or ethnic, well then welcome gloomy world every single days we ever breathe in. In that case, I disagree. 

If we speak the same language in this world, our life will be dull.

It would be too hard to have wars though if we all spoke the same language.

Language is a tool to communicate. The first purpose of learning language is to be able to communicate and understand each other better. So, if we want to know about people, religion, culture, etc, we have to know the language they used.

It could NOT BE  to only  one language to use. there would no privacy or secrecy . it will be chaotic. No race ,culture to identify. it would be hard to get influence and leadership for so many people to lead if we use only one language. so many language to learn is a challenge and exciting it is entertaining especially

the pronunciation. surely learning a new language makes you smile and keeps you laughing at the beginning. it is a worthwhile experience. a Language is to describes us set of rules that makes or signifies group identity, social strafication, cultural identity and its races. it goes along with our citizenship. so why think of only one language to use. it will isolate you, you will be deprived of innovations and technology.

learning a new language makes you smart and gives you a lot of confidence so why stick to only one language. be linguistic aside from being faithful, loyal  and  a nationalist of your own  country 's language.

if you really need to learn a new language such as the English language start from the basic, have focus

put it in your heart and imitate just like the learning of little children they listen ... and they learn.

That´s a good question, Shill66, I have been wondering how I could delete or edit my comments for long time, but so far I don´t have the answer:(

About the topic, I wouldn´t have given up my language, as it is a part of what I am: the way I think, the way I feel, I belong to it. What if all people looked the same, had the same skin color, the same eyes, the same nationality, it would eliminate misunderstandings. But it would make the world different, I would definitely miss this diversity.

I'm completely against their being one universal language that everyone must speak.  It would destroy creativity and allow for one culture to absorb every other culture in the world. This is also the reason why I absolutely hate Anglophones who "Teach English Abroad" and don't even bother learning the local languages(s) and culture, especially if they have been living in the country for decades. Which makes me wonder why you even bothered? It's completely unacceptable. This also includes monolingual Anglophones in Scandinavia.

There's nothing wrong with teaching others English but, you need to learn their language(s) in exchange. Otherwise, you are (un)intentionally forcing your culture as the dominant culture and thus, promoting linguistic imperialism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_imperialism).

Here's some great tips for teaching English abroad:

http://blackinasia.tumblr.com/post/59350935079/10-recommendations-for-westerners-abroad-to-try-and

I would rather be capable of speaking multiple languages as opposed to just one language.

Add a comment