How do I know when to use "est" and "et" in French?
"est" is just like "is" in English,and "et" is similar to "and"
"et" means "and". It's a word to link two or more things;
"est" is the third person of the verb ETRE (to be) :
- Mon ami EST grand ET fort : My friend IS tall AND strong.
- Il EST tard : it'S late
- j'aime la glace au café ET au chocolat : I like coffee AND chocolate ice creams.
for the ones who want to practise english here is my skype account:
est : conjugaison du verbe etre au présent avec le pronon IL
et : pour lier les phrase
Note that the "t" in the verb "est" is pronounced in liasons, but the "t" in the conjunction "et" is always silent. (Strangely, the reverse is true in Italian.)
Example: Lui il est un ami ("He is a friend -- the "t" is pronounced).
Lui et un ami (He and a friend -- the "t" is silent).
"est" 3rd person singular, present tense of être
"et" the conjunction (English "and").
- Can we talk about idioms many native english speakers use?
- Please, help me with translation:
- 交換語言 Language exchange
- I really need your excellent suggestions, thaks a lot firstly. If it were you, which you choose
- I look for engineers to ask a question (casting, forge or mechanical production).
- What do you think is the most interesting clothing style in your country?
- Do you have a time when you are asked to do something you do not want to do?
- Would you lie about your native language to find language exchange partners or students?
- I am teaching spanish, but in change i want learn english