How do I know when to use "est" and "et" in French?
"est" is just like "is" in English,and "et" is similar to "and"
"et" means "and". It's a word to link two or more things;
"est" is the third person of the verb ETRE (to be) :
- Mon ami EST grand ET fort : My friend IS tall AND strong.
- Il EST tard : it'S late
- j'aime la glace au café ET au chocolat : I like coffee AND chocolate ice creams.
for the ones who want to practise english here is my skype account:
est : conjugaison du verbe etre au présent avec le pronon IL
et : pour lier les phrase
Note that the "t" in the verb "est" is pronounced in liasons, but the "t" in the conjunction "et" is always silent. (Strangely, the reverse is true in Italian.)
Example: Lui il est un ami ("He is a friend -- the "t" is pronounced).
Lui et un ami (He and a friend -- the "t" is silent).
"est" 3rd person singular, present tense of être
"et" the conjunction (English "and").
- I think we start again our life.we did mistake in our life.ı thınk one more chance for me
- Telegram group for English learens
- Come si dici BUT in italiano...
- Grammar question.
- Why the US electoral system is so messed up
- In your own experience, what is the most disturbing truth about life?
- I love EMINEM!!!!!
- Ever have one of those nights where you can't sleep?
- about institution of marriage
- Which language? Which country?