How do I know when to use "est" and "et" in French?
"est" is just like "is" in English,and "et" is similar to "and"
"et" means "and". It's a word to link two or more things;
"est" is the third person of the verb ETRE (to be) :
- Mon ami EST grand ET fort : My friend IS tall AND strong.
- Il EST tard : it'S late
- j'aime la glace au café ET au chocolat : I like coffee AND chocolate ice creams.
for the ones who want to practise english here is my skype account:
est : conjugaison du verbe etre au présent avec le pronon IL
et : pour lier les phrase
Note that the "t" in the verb "est" is pronounced in liasons, but the "t" in the conjunction "et" is always silent. (Strangely, the reverse is true in Italian.)
Example: Lui il est un ami ("He is a friend -- the "t" is pronounced).
Lui et un ami (He and a friend -- the "t" is silent).
"est" 3rd person singular, present tense of être
"et" the conjunction (English "and").
- What is the blood type distribution in your country?
- تلاش فارسی گویان
- Could you make friends with me?
- the best...
- i can teach any one of you arabic french and english .
- What is 'pusero'?
- I want to learn english with someone
- Social apps for different people
- Listening skill
- How you can improve the language ??