How do I know when to use "est" and "et" in French?
"est" is just like "is" in English,and "et" is similar to "and"
"et" means "and". It's a word to link two or more things;
"est" is the third person of the verb ETRE (to be) :
- Mon ami EST grand ET fort : My friend IS tall AND strong.
- Il EST tard : it'S late
- j'aime la glace au café ET au chocolat : I like coffee AND chocolate ice creams.
for the ones who want to practise english here is my skype account:
est : conjugaison du verbe etre au présent avec le pronon IL
et : pour lier les phrase
Note that the "t" in the verb "est" is pronounced in liasons, but the "t" in the conjunction "et" is always silent. (Strangely, the reverse is true in Italian.)
Example: Lui il est un ami ("He is a friend -- the "t" is pronounced).
Lui et un ami (He and a friend -- the "t" is silent).
"est" 3rd person singular, present tense of être
"et" the conjunction (English "and").
- Life's difficulties
- English (USA) Honorifics ?!?!? (英語 敬語 ?!?!?!)
- News on facebook.
- What's your favorite Fashion brand or style? ^^
- Aprender Ingles e Ensinar Portugues in the SKYPE or WHATS APP
- what was the most novl you liked ? do you prefer to read or watch the novel as a movie ?
- ¿Qué programas de tele (españoles) debo ver?
- who needs a language exchange
- Do you use Italki for collecting Skype contacts?
- Who is your favourite Mexican singer/band?