Site Feedback

Hayao Miyazaki + Ghibli Films

I love Hayao Miyazaki and his works , I think he's a real legend and genius.

His movies are touching and wonderful.

I'm so sad that he retired from the industry, eventhough there'll be new generations and geniuses,

but their talents and the way they touch our emotions won't be the same as him.

But I hope Ghibli will find new big talents :)

What's your favorite Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki's film?

Mine is Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi) and Howl's Moving Castle

Share:

Comments

I like Kiki's Delivery, and Totoro. ^_^

I've been wanting to watch Totoro, Kiki etc. but it's so difficult to find the DVD in my place

:'( 

My favorite film is Mimi wo sumaseba (Whisper of the heart). But actually all of them are beautiful. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind means so much to me, in so many ways.  The fact that Ghibli's work don't try to teach us a lesson but they allow us to think about life.

I will always be grateful for Miyazaki sensei and Takahata sensei (they are my favorite storytellers and filmmakers). They are so special and I think that is because they always stay true to themselves.  :D

Totally Agree!

I don't know why, but somehow their films really different from others,

Deeply touching, leave us great impression and make us think about life.

Have you watched Grave of the Fireflies?

My favorite author was once wrote a review of this film,

and he couldn't stop crying 3 hours after watching it.

I've heard about Whisper of the Heart too,

@Amelia@Claudia  Yup, I couldn't agree more...

All Ghibli's work are just amazing! My favourite is Princess Mononoke.

Oh yes... Grave of the Fireflies, I must say that is one of the saddest movies I've seen.

Totoro is so cute^^ And I watched Spirited Away many times in my childhood and love it so much till now))

Grave of the Fireflies surprised me the first time I saw it, many year ago. It also opened my eyes to human nature and childhood innocence. It leaves you such a bittersweet and warm feeling, you cannot miss it.  It was on my mind for a very very long time after that :)
I wish Ghibli could give us more gifts like that in the future :D

I love all his movies!! And most importantly, I love the fact that Joe Hisaishi has created the soundtrack for his most famous works. 

I love Spirited Away and Mononoke hime !

Add a comment