Ali
What is your most and least favorite Arabic dialect/s?

This is a very subjective question, but I wanna get some opinions as to which Arabic dialect/s is/are the most pleasant sounding one/s and which the most ear-screeching?

Sep 11, 2013 7:29 AM
Comments · 25

I am head over heels in love with rural (fallahi) dialects in Palestine, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. I wish people appreciated their beauty a wee bit more. Plus their dialectal variations are quite interesting. It's rather doctrinal how they are perceived as a characteristic of the lower classes.

September 11, 2013

hehe yeah you're actually right. Non dialect is beautiful than the standard one, because in Fusha, you respect the sounds, and you feel the words as well. It's too romatic, and relaxing rythm, make you feel happy. Also, remember that in Standard Arabic, there are no insult words, there are proverbs and metaphors to insult. In the least, arabs fight each others by Arabic, I meant who will say a beautiful poem or saying something wonderful. In dialects, there are a lot bad words on it. In fact, I like Fusha than any dialect. I think many arabs have the same opinion. Take this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDKsZVj_nr8&list=ULfDKsZVj_nr8

September 11, 2013

You're asking about dialects, but everyone say standard Arabic...
Well, I'd like to help! I like Egyptian and Lebanese dialects.

September 11, 2013

the syrian , palastenian and lebanon ones are the sweetest :)

October 12, 2013

Arabic differs from region to another.

i'm tunisian,i would like to tell you that the arabic of north africa (al maghreb al 3arabi) is harsh language but the tunisian and lybian is sweeter then the other countries algeria and marocco), it's mix between arabic and berbere language.

the arabic from gulf countries is closet to al fus7a.

and personnaly the char9i (lebanon, syria, jordan, palestine) is the arabic dialect most sweeter to ears.

specially lebanese dialect.

(do not hesitate to correct my English :)

September 12, 2013
Show more