What is your reaction?
I was a "chunky" teenager. When I graduated from the university I decided I needed to lose about 30 lbs (about 14 kg). After I lost about 20 lbs (9 kg), people started coming up to me to say that I would look better if I lost about 10 lbs (5 kg). No one told me anything when I was heavier. What should I have said to my new advisors? (I did lose that 10 lbs and another 20 lbs for good measure to stop the critics)
We're these people that you already knew?
I lost weight to improve my health. I kept the weight off though I gained and lost 50 lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter. I wanted to see how people in other cultures viewed body size and if they encouraged weight loss to maintain health.
It's not just about weight though - it's about your fitness level. IMHO fitness level is pretty good, and I'm a healthy weight for my height, but there are people who are bigger than me who can run faster and for longer. As long as you're healthy and happy, that's what counts :) these people probably thought they were just encouraging you.
I agree with them. I think the most important thing is you (everybody) are well (healthy), and that depend on our fitness level too. I think, in Spain, people are worried with their health but a lot of people are only worried with their body size. But it is my opinion.
- To learn telugu.........
- Emigration als Abentuer oder Alptraum ?
- Do you think appearances/photos play an important role in finding a language partner here?
- hallo ich heiße petya
- Learning a new language when you’re strapped for time.
- INTENSIVE SUMMER COURSE
- Alternative therapies
- How do you learn in order to be fluent when it comes to learning languages?
- Can a social-app (e.g. WhatsApp, Telegram) help learning a language?
- How to be an instantaneous speaker?