Site Feedback

How to learn English effectively?

Anyone can share with me the way to improve English skill ?

I often fall as sleep when I learn writing English. What factor can help us to love writing more?

Thanks in advance when someone can help me to answer all this questions,

Share:

Comments

Start writing about things that are important to you. This will make it more meaningful for you. If the only time you write in English is when your teacher assigns it, it's not somehthing you'll probably look forward to and thus will not put as much effort into it as possible.

You mean that i should start writing English anytime if it is possible? If, yes I will try to write everyday

thanks for your answer and have a nice day!

The most important concern in my life now is how to learn English effectively. I mean that in a short time, I can obtain the higher level in Ielts exam. I often spend much time on study however the result is very negative with my effort. One of my friends said that it is the stupid way to learn by heart each new word. I realized that in the past  I did it everyday to get the high mark and now it is not intelligent way anymore? She advised me to write in Vietnamese  essay ( my mother tounge is Vietnamese) and after that change into English  one? Do you think that is a good method to write?  Sometime, I'm really worried about my studying in English. I am afraid of being remain at the same level no matter how hard I try. 

thanks for reading and checking my small paragraph in advance

Altini- that's good idea for me to write. thanks a gain

I suggest that you post a Notebook entry each day.

Write the most you love or anything that happen in your life, similarly like a diary but this one is more alive.

For example:

When you fall in love, you can write a poem, any poem from hatred to love.

....  I hate silence.

In the emptiness, I can even feel the wind slaps me.

Just to remind me ...

of my ridiculous love.

I believe the best way is to learn new words in phrases. For example, if you want to learn the word "ache" by heart you should learn the collocations "it aches me to do smth,I'm aching all over, I have a toothache,earache etc.

Personally, I always love to write about something I feel strongly about or something exciting happened to me in the past which I can go into as much detail as possible.      

If you want to pass IELTs test, I would recommend you seek out a good cramp school to learn . If you cannot find a suitable cramp school in your country , you may try personal tutor as the first step . Native english speaker is not necessary all the time , and you may find a fluent English speaker who is a Vietnamese  citizen as a Vietnamese can understand your problem more . Moreover, do not forget to communicate with outside world , it will help you keep sanity toward effective English learning .

As for your mention : One of my friends said that it is the stupid way to learn by heart each new word. I realized that in the past I did it everyday to get the high mark and now it is not intelligent way anymore? She advised me to write in Vietnamese essay ( my mother tounge is Vietnamese) and after that change into English one? Do you think that is a good method to write?

My vision is : Rote learning is the first step to learn English . After with plenty of words , you need to focus more on your collocation and making sentences with perseverance . Moreover, I would suggest you pay more time in listening and speaking instead at this moment . To learn English with Vietnamese articles is not the best way to improve your Englsih .  You may join my sentence making game , it is pleasant .

http://www.italki.com/discussion/59045

Add a comment