Michelle
I'm going to Japan!!!!!!!

You have no idea how excited i am right now. Finally, my long-awaited dream is about to come true!! i will be going to my dreamland; the Land of the Rising Sun, the Global Kawaii Capital, the quirky haven we all call Japan!!! :)

I will be flying off to Japan next month and I realized this leaves me more or less a month to improve my Nihonggo. I had been always listening to podcasts and had started learning the basic Kanjis. However, I want to know how i could progress more. Do you have any tips on what I should learn first? like, all those words that a foreigner might need when he or she steps in Narita Airport. 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

Sep 15, 2013 8:00 AM
Comments · 5

Hello Michelle,

reading your message reminds me of my first time in Japan in 1989! I was excited like you!

My recommendation: study Hiragana, mostly to read, because train station names are also written in Hiragana and this lets you understand where you are going.

Have a great time!

September 30, 2013

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your stay in Japan! :D I want to go there as well that's why I'm studying hard to learn Japanese. Please do share your experience! Have fun!

September 29, 2013

Ang saya say naman! ^^, Congratz sana ako din balang araw

September 25, 2013

congratulations \(^_^)/

i'm happy for you .. going to Japan is my dream too i hope to go there someday

i know this website , it really helped me so much in learning Japanese so i hope it helps you too

(Tae Kim's Guide to Learning Japanese )

http://www.guidetojapanese.org/

i hope you enjoy your time in Japan  :)

September 25, 2013

I am so happy for you, Michelle.

I have never been to Japan, but I have read a lot about it.

I am sure that you will love it.

I hear that Kyoto, for example, is an incredibly beautiful city.

And I am sure that you will be impressed by how clean and orderly everything is.

Have fun!

September 15, 2013