Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Who has changed the own life in another country although he didn't know the local language?

I recently read a beautiful sentence that says: "Home is where the heart is and that's got nothing to do with words". Are you agree or do you think before making a decision about moving you need to learn the language?

Share:

Comments

I think if you want to emigrate to another country for work or long stay , tt is necessary to learn local language to some extent . I know some people who live in foreign countries for a long time cannot speak local language well . Nothing I can say but feel really regretful for their deeds . It is pathetic for them . As for your concept about family , I would like to share one sentimenal :"Where there is momi , there is a home ".

I agree with Allen, because it's very important to know local language, because you could stay in some strange situations. e.g. ( you should talk with a friend or a general person, how will you do?).

Well, certainly like tells my country (Catania in Sicily )  every world is country (translate - ogni mondo é paese) means that the world is universal.

I think you have taken too literally the words).Emigration is not impulse of the soul.It is often  a forced measure.And if you respect the culture of this country is better to know the language 

To learn a language is not so hard compared to identify with another culture . I know some immigrants who cannot or unwilling to learn local  language . Most of them cannot enjoy their lives with locals . It is very regretful . They must have some loss in their souls .

Add a comment