Site Feedback

Let's talk about our heroes

Just for the sake of knowing each other better let's talk about great characters of our own country and introduce them to each other .

For example a great character in Iran is Ferdowsi whom his work which is called "Shahname" has a great role in saving the persian language after the arab invasion .

I will introduce more characters when the discussion going forward.

Let's talk

Share:

Comments

I am curious if every citizens in Iran can speak Arabian . What is your official language ? Persian or Arabian ? very grateful to your response for my mere curiosity .

In America we have the Greatest American Hero. Here is his picture:

Well our National Hero is Jose Rizal which open the mind of people to fight for our freedom only through his writings. He was killed because of his writings.

My favorite quotes from him are:

" youth are the hope of the nation."

" those who don't know how to love his own language is much more smelly than a rotten fish."

Our hero is jieshi,jiang. It is a typical saying. Because his life is a tragedy actually. He fight with Fascism. But chinese say he is a fascist. He was sold out after WW2. He is one of leader creat UN but was sold out too. After Russia dislike China, Russian is looking for him.

People nowadays dont like him. I think he is pity

People were very stupid at that time, So he is more smart actually.

So he could deal with matter but could not fight with white countries.

@Allen Iranians use Persian language and thats our formal language but there are words that has came from Arabic language

The main difference between Persian and Arabic is their root Arabic is rooted from Aramaic language but Persian comes from a root of Indo-Europian and infected by Arabic words but the structure has been unshaked.

Thanks Doris and Didi for letting me know your heroes now I'm curious to know more about them . :)

Can you  be more specific? Great or the Greatest? For me as an Egyptian and as all people know, we more than 7000 years of history. The list will be really huge. I am sorry If I look as if I am boasting, but it's the truth whether some  like it or not. If you want the Greatest  hero however, this could make things easier for me. Otherwise I may take at least 3 pages alone to display only the names without any brief information about them.

P.S People don't bother giving me a thumb down, I will do it by myself.

Thanks Ahmad just let us know about your Top hereos that really do great things for you and your coutnry / nation. I like to know more about ancient egypt then I'm happy to hear more from you.

These are my favorites character in my country:

Lapu-Lapu (1521) was a ruler of Mactan, an island in the Visayas, Philippines, who is known as the first native of the archipelago to have resisted the Spanish colonization. He was also responsible for the death of Portuguese Explorer Ferdinand Magellan.He is now regarded, retroactively, as the first Filipino hero.

Gabriela Silang (March 19, 1731 – September 20, 1763) was the first Filipino woman to lead a revolt during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines. An active member of the insurgent force of Diego Silang, her husband, she led the group for four months after his death before she was captured and executed.  Her ferocity and death became a symbol for Filipino women, their pre-colonial importance in Filipino society and their struggle for liberation during colonization.

Note: 

I have no against with Spanish people. They had been a big part of our history. What is past belong in the past. 

Two of famous czech "heroes" were Jan Hus and his follower great warrior leader Jan Žižka.

Wikipedia quotation:

Jan Hus - was a Czech priest, philosopher, reformer, and master at Charles University in Prague. After John Wycliffe, the theorist of ecclesiastical Reformation, Hus is considered the first Church reformer, as he lived before Luther, Calvin, and Zwingli.

He was burned at the stake for heresy against the doctrines of the Catholic Church, including those on ecclesiology, the Eucharist, and other theological topics. Hus was a key predecessor to the Protestant movement of the sixteenth century, and his teachings had a strong influence on the states of Europe, most immediately in the approval of a reformist Bohemian religious denomination, and, more than a century later, on Martin Luther himself.

After his death, between 1420 and 1431, followers of Hus's religious teachings (known as Hussites) rebelled against their Roman Catholic rulers and defeated five consecutive papal crusades in what became known as the Hussite Wars. A century later, as many as 90% of inhabitants of the Czech lands were non-Catholic and followed the teachings of Hus and his successors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Hus

my bad translation of several his quotations:

Do not believe in the Church because the Church is not the God.

Popes can lie but the God does not.

The God will be merciful to people whose are merciful to all.

Good for all - this is the truth.

Jan Žižka z Trocnova a Kalicha - Czech general and Hussite leader, follower of Jan Hus, was born in the small village of Trocnov

He fought in the Battle of Grunwald (July 15, 1410), where he defended Radzyń against the Teutonic Order. Later he played a prominent role in the civil wars in Bohemia during the reign of Wenceslas IV.
The Catholic Church deemed Hus' teachings heretical. He was excommunicated in 1411, condemned by the Council of Constance, and burned at the stake in 1415. The wars proper began in July 1419, with the First Defenestration of Prague, when protesting Hussites threw the town councillors from the windows of the New Town Hall. It has been reputed that King Wenceslaus IV was so stunned by the defenestration that he died from the shock shortly after on 16 August 1419. This led to the armed conflict in which Žižka would earn his fame.

Žižka's tactics were unorthodox and innovative. In addition to training and equipping his army according to their abilities, he used armored wagons armed with small cannons and muskets, presaging the tank of five hundred years later. He was also a master at using geography to full advantage as well as managing the discipline of his troops.

Žižka is considered to be among the greatest military leaders and innovators of all time and is one of six commanders in history who never lost a battle (alongside Alexander the Great, Scipio Africanus, Genghis Khan, Alexander Suvorov, and Khalid ibn al-Walid).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_%C5%BDi%C5%BEka

Add a comment