Site Feedback

Could you tell me the meaning for this sentence? " What happened to a sense of decency?"

Share:

Comments

It means that   our world, our country, or our community,  disregards the needs of others and the feelings of others.  Decency  can be understood to mean,   "Treating---Others---Right"  or

"Doing---the---Good--Thing".

For example,  if you visited America, and    you stood  in some public place,   crying and were obviously upset,  I might ignore you,  as might all other people, who did not care at all about your obvious anxiety and pain.  That would mean that I and others had "lost"  our Sense---of---Decency.

However,  if I or others possessed a   Sense--of--Decency, we might walk up to you and say something like;   "Miss?  Are you okay?  Can I help?"

It might be that you merely missed a bus. It might also be that your   money, purse, and ID cares were all missing.  In which case,  I might be moved to offer to   sit down with you, buy you food and drink, and help you plan on a  specific course of action. That would be the   "Decent" to do.

That's a brief but general example.

Thank you!

Thank you! I got it!

Do you think decency is losing over past years ?

Add a comment