Site Feedback

what is the best way to improve your English? Maybe reading, listening or speaking?

Share:

Comments

A combination of all three is probably the best way. Reading is the best way to increase your vocabulary. Listening and speaking are also very important as well.

If you want to speak English well, then you have to speak it as often as you can. If you want to read English well, then you have to read it as often as you can. If you want to write English well, then you have to write it as often as you can. If you want to understand English well when you hear it, then you have to listen to it as often as you can. For example, I canNOT speak Chinese; I canNOT write Chinese; and I canNOT understand Chinese when I hear it. But I CAN read EASY articles in Chinese, for that is my only goal: to read (easy) news articles in Chinese. Remember that saying: PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.
They are all quite different skills. All depends on your goals. If you want to read well and increase your vocabulary, you should read a lot. However, it won't help you to improve your listening and speaking without practicing those two skills. Personally, I would recommend you to watch more British and American movies with subtitles. So you can improve your listening and learn a lot of new words and phrases which native speakers use in everyday speech. Besides listening, you can say aloud all the new words and phrases.So you can practice your speaking.Though,of course, the best way to improve it is to speak English with native speakers in real-life situations.:)

Too keep balance between output(speaking and writing) and input (listening and reading) is critical for your learning . I guess most people cannot afford one way learning to achieve his English . I regularly distribute my time into 4 segments to enhance my English , however, I would pay more time in listening and speaking as they are comparably weaker . Any way , you need to embrace clear vision to your level and weakness and set a feasible strategy to steel your weakness . You english would be expected to be better and better.

Add a comment