Site Feedback

How do you say "I love you" in your language?

So, a former boyfriend (from Egypt) told me that I love you is bahebk. I don't think I spelled that right, but hopefully you can understand what the real word is. I am just wondering if this is Egyptian Arabic or is it MSA?

And for everyone: How do you say 'I love you' in your language? I want to learn how to say it in every language I can because it is a wonderful phrase. So if you can, tell me how to say 'I love you' in your language! This includes different dialects of Arabic.

Share:

Comments

http://www.italki.com/discussion/61245

Firstfull; the sentence he told is in his accent (egyptian). 

in (MSA): ana uhibuk. ( I love you) ( أَنَا أُحِبُّكَ)

in (Moroccan Arabic): ana ka nbghreek ( I love you)   أَناَ كَا نْبْغِيكْ [ ghr = has a sound like "r" in French]

in French is: Je t'aime.

This is a tender phrase, in Spanish is:  ¡Te amo!, Te quiero!

in hindi " main tumse pyar karati hun" by a girl

"main tumse pyar karata hun" by a boy

Polish: "Kocham Cię"

volim te.
it's in bosnian, and it's the same wether you say it to a boy or to a girl.  :) 

Here in Sweden we say: jag älskar dig

What he told you isn't wrong. In Egyptian dialect we say "ba7bak" to male, and "ba7bek" to female.
7=ح

in some languages/cultures, "i love you" or "my love" is used to show affection among friends, so it shouldn't be taken very seriously! :)

I have a female friend who calls pretty much everyone "حبيبي" = "my love"! :)

In Esperanto, it's "mi amas vin", in Latin, it's "tē amo", in German, it's "ich liebe dich", and in Chinese it's 我爱你.

Add a comment