Site Feedback

How do we discover the purpose of our existence?

Share:

Comments

When a person   draws closer to God, through prayer,  the Mind of God   enters into the person.

Thus, the person  "know"  things that would otherwise be unknown to them.

Thus, being acquainted with the Will of God and the Mind of God, a person is guided toward

God's purpose for them.

----------------

Alternatively,   questions about a  Purpose of an Existence, outside the context of a God,

are meaningless anyway, because there is no evidence showing that  a "purpose" exists  beyond the context of a  God.

Did you see my reference to existentialism? Check out those philosophers if you have interest in these this kind of things.

If you were to study and observe the nature and behavior of living beings, then you will discover that life has no greater purpose than simply following one's natural instincts for self-preservation and the preservation of one's own species or the propagation of one's genes. 

The purpose of your life is set by what you want from your life. 

@Bruce, I totally agree with you. Getting close to God helps you find out about your destiny and fulfill it.

Shill66 ...  I'd say that sex is a reason for your existence.  You exist because your mother was f*cked nine months before you were born.   ...  :P 

Shill66 ...  You're the one who started to get personal and pissed off when you stated that I was going to be sent to Hell.  Also, I've never stated that humans evolved from apes.  I've stated and presented some of the evidence that humans ( highly evolved apes ) and monkeys had evolved seperately from a common ape-like ancestor.  If you are ignorant about how evolution works, then I suggest you go back to school and get a decent education. 

There is no purpose.

How do you know that you actually do exist? Maybe you are just in a sort of dream. And if you don't even exist, then it is literally impossible to have a purpose. 

We can give a purpose to something what we have planed. But we couldn't planned our born in this world, this is a given reality for us. So I don't think that we should looking for any ready puposes, it is better to think about what we can do with such a given reality as existance.

"If you were to study and observe the nature and behavior of living beings, then you will discover that life has no greater purpose than simply following one's natural instincts for self-preservation and the preservation of one's own species or the propagation of one's genes."---Steve H.

(1) There is no such thing as a Scientific Evidence showing that "living beings" possess something you refer to as a NATURE.

(2) There is no such thing as a Scientific Evidence showing that such a thing as a "being" exists.

(3) You failed objectively to answer the original question.

Employing ambiguous language, you shifted the initial question, which had "the purpose" for its subject, to an entirely different subject, which you referred to as GREATER PURPOSE.

(4) I would remind you that there is no such thing as a Scientific Evidence for a PURPOSE or a GREATER PURPOSE or any PURPOSE as it might pertain to Natural Phenomena.

PURPOSE, in point of fact, is a Metaphysical Conception, and Metaphysical and Supernatural Conceptions have not been part of the Natural Sciences since 1834.

(5) So what you posted here, as an answer to a question about a PURPOSE, is demonstrative of the common logical error designated the Fallacy of the Red Herring.

"The name of this fallacy comes from the sport of fox hunting in which a dried, smoked herring, which is red in color, is dragged across the trail of the fox to throw the hounds off the scent. Thus, a "red herring" argument is one which distracts the audience from the issue in question through the introduction of some irrelevancy. This frequently occurs during debates when there is an at least implicit topic, yet it is easy to lose track of it. By extension, it applies to any argument in which the premisses are logically irrelevant to the conclusion."---from TheFallacyFiles.Org

Add a comment