Create a new word in English
English already has one of the largest vocabularies of any world language. Yet, there are some words that exist in other languages but do not have and English counterpart. Take "shemomedjamo" - this is a Georgian word meaning "I accidentally ate the whole thing", used when something is so tasty you can't stop eating it even though you're already full to bursting. This is certainly a word that we need in English (at least I do anyway).
Do you know any other foreign words that don't translate into English?
Yeah, you know, Russian word "мужик" ("muzhik') which means 'a Russian peasant' or in a a broad sense ' a kind,sincere,hard-working and lazy at the same time and a bit rough real Russian man' couldn't be translated so it remained its Russian form.
I think I'm going to have to incorporate it into my every day speech! You can find more great words here and there are links to other similar articles as well :)
hello， nice to meet you .what chat tool do you use more ? i can add you
I buy watermelon no more than once a year exactly for the existence of such
I enjoy your sense of humour. Thank you.
- Would anyone like to chat in Japanese over Wespeke? It's a free site!
- anybody want to learn cantonese?
- EL SUBJUNTIVO
- UEFA Europa League, final
- Need a partner to improve English
- Learning English / Teaching Spanish
- What do you think about my English pronounсiation?
- Russian words i learned recently
- What is fully meaning of 너의어려움을해결해좌?
- Independent travel or with a tour group?