By creating an account, you agree to our terms of service.
3. writing characters or alphabet
5. memorizing new vocabularies
6. others ( whatever you have in mind )
why and how do you cope up with your weaknesses?
To speak in the new language.
T___T1. Spelling2. Gramar...
With Russian I have problems with, grammar, writing, alphabet and vocabulary, in English I have problem with pronuncation and listening. However, you need time to study the language, rules and new words.
grammar, pronunciation and writing characters or alphabet with mandarin chinese
It probably depends on which language you're learning.
For me, an English speaker learning Korean, the hardest part is the grammar. I understand it fairly well, but the word order is very different from English, and my mind still processes words in the order of English. That makes it difficult to speak, and I can only write it slowly.
I guess integrating what your learn into a useful communicative language is the most challenging and demanding . Prior to speaking , you have to accomplish your basic vocabulary and make numerous sentences before your practice . Following that , practice takes effect and speaking I supposed is higher level of learning as you need to react to your listening immediately and smoothly spoken out accordingly . You have to be competent in grammar , phrases and sentences before you commence your speaking . As for pronunciation , you are required to know basic rules to pronunce , then constant practice can make your pronunication clearer and adequate .
speaking and pronunciation.....eh.....so difficult
1. grammar (grammar is the most difficult, and also the least necessary)
2. pronunciation (with assistance, pronunciation is not so difficult.
Without assistance, pronunciation can be a barrier.)
3. writing characters or alphabet ( This is quite easy.)
4. spelling (Spelling can be difficult, because without pronunciation and writing, spelling will only be acquired slowly)
5. memorizing new vocabularies ( It all depends on the vocabulary to be learned, and your source for it. For example, I have several vocabulary lists that I give my students to use.
If students are trying to pick their own, I think they will be lost in vast wilderness of words)
6. others ( whatever you have in mind ) (Shyness is a difficulty for some students, but not the greatest difficulty.)
The GREATEST DIFFICULTY for many students, is that they try to be "the teacher" when they located a "teacher". Students can make the serious mistake of thinking they KNOW, what it is that they need to STUDY. Such students can only be taught with great difficulty.