Site Feedback

How much of this site is your nation?

I know there're a variety of people from different regions/nations but I want to know. I'm guessing by now Arabic people is taking a..relatively much part than the others. But it's just an assumption.

Why I'm asking 'How much is your nation'?

If you didn't know certain languages at all and wasn't interested in them, you might have passed by anything posted in these languages.But.You may recognize your language. 

For example I don't know how German words looks like so I have no idea how many Germans are in here.

And this discussion is not related to any kind of discrimination or racism. at all.

Share:

Comments

Hi Cellulos:

In spite of your  disclaimer,  that is a discriminatory  inquiry, because it requires that  forum members 

distinguish between  forum members on the basis of   identity in terms of Nationhood.

There is something very unusual about the phrasing;   "How much of this site is your nation?"

The facts  show exception to your inquiry. This site is not part of anyone's  "nation". 

What your post does is invite people to regard themselves as representative of a nationality.

In this regard, I would offer that I am an American, but this website is not an "American" website.

If anything, the website is "international"   because it is dedicated to the study of ALL languages.

Otherwise,  the question might be put to you in response as follows:

Is it your idea that the Italki  Website is representative of a Nation?

Correct me if you think my ideas are published in error, but as I understand it, the website can reasonably be said to represent  LANGUAGE LEARNING, and not NATIONALITY.

>Dutch Man< I know that you're anti-muslims, but if you want to be so, be a little bit smarter. Almost all of what you say here are just allegations. and not only you allege, but you're are inconsistent with  what you say.

1- You claim that we make a lot of noise when someone "dares" to critisize Islam. What do you expect us to do if a racist suddenly  says something that is  bad or amount to be bad against islam? Do you expect us to say bravo! keep up the good work?! It's even against all human rights. If someone claims something or criticize something, don't you think that it's my right to respond?

2- You say that we're not here to learn. A quick glance at my profile will show the number of entries and questions, that are in German, I've posted so far. The fact that I am not posting in English is because I already speak English with an American Accent, so no need for me to do so. Anyone who will view my profile will know at once that I am a serious learner and if they do so, they will know that you're wrong. A lot of people are here for many reasons other than learning a language be muslims or westerns or aisians. Be smart! if you want to make a kind of coalition here on italk against muslims, then do it right.  Try to support what you say with evidence otherwise, you're doing more harm than good to your plans.

P.S I didn't like the word "dare" that you've used. If you or any other person really dare to insult or criticize Islam, then go to any Islamic country and talk through an amlifier or so and say whatever you want. But to so via a computer and you say dare?! what kind of ill imagination is that?

Take it easy will you. You're an old man.

I think I understand your question, but it may need to be seriously rephrased.

Perhaps you're simply asking what languages seem to be most popular on this website?

If this is the question, then I've come across plenty of English, Russian, & Chinese learners/speakers on italki.

You said "For example I don't know how German words looks like so I have no idea how many Germans are in here."

The truth is speaking a language does not automatically define your nationality. I'm Nigerian-American and can only speak English & Spanish. This is just an example. 

If this isn't cleared up in your original post, I think it'll bring about lots of issues. Just my two cents for what it's worth :)

I think you gave me an answer exactly I wanted to hear. Altini. Thank you

And for Bruse,

Firstly, thank you for your answer,but , honestly It's not inteded to be discriminative. If you considered I'm not a skilled English user, you might have known. Anyway, it's my fault that I refered to nations.

I agree with a website can't be representative of some nations.

But,  just distinguishing people by nation is just not same with discrimination at all. When we distinguish people with bad intention, we call it discrimination.

If what you said is true, all the surveys related to region dividing stuffs have to be discarded.

And I'm not Anti-Islam. or Anti Muslim neither.

Don't say something could cause religious conflicts.

I won't use my brain to do such pesky useless things like mocking certain religions like you.

Anyway, I'm sorry for making you all misunderstand the point of this question.

I was simply asking about what languages seem to be most popular in this site. As Antili said.

But It was truely a critical error. That I said I don't know German, so I don't know how many Germans are here. 

A German who wants to learn Spanish may post in Spanish.

Yeah, this was so silly

*agree with that

Sorry for grammer mistakes which I don't even know

>Cellulos< I am talking to the man from Holland not you.

I know . I was talking to him too.

(1)     "How much of this site is your nation?"----Cellulos

First,  This is what you wrote. It is not my obligation  to  engage in interpretation of your  public communications. I simply addressed your inquiry  as published. 

You asked about the Quantity of this website, which BELONGS TO  A NATION.

My friend, this website is not the Property of Any Nation.

(2) "But, just distinguishing people by nation is just not same with discrimination at all. When we distinguish people with bad intention, we call it discrimination.

If what you said is true, all the surveys related to region dividing stuffs have to be discarded."-----Cellulos

Secondly,     that is basically correct,    but you are not merely DISTINGUISHING  PEOPLE 

( Forum Members) BY NATIONALITY.

That's not a rational or factual assertion on your part,  because the Italki website already identifies the status  of a member's nationality.  So you aren't adding anything to the public knowledge.

What you are doing is asking about HOW MUCH OF THIS SITE   BELONGS TO   a  NATION.

I already answered your question.  None of Italki BELONGS TO A NATION

In addition Cellulos

(3) "I'm guessing by now Arabic people...etc."----from the original post by Cellulos .

Third, your remarks are entirely confused my friend, because you cannot even show that your remarks have a specific relevance to a public discussion. Yours is a question direct to a people designated

"Arabic". You do not need a public forum to address such questions because it does not pertain directly to people of all nations. The appropriate venue for you if you are seeking information, is to address "Arabic" people in private messaging and ask your question of "Arabic" people.

The beauty of this site is that it is like a rainbow, when I open the page of discussion and find questions or statements from various languages, I get curious and I wonder what is the meaning of these, I don’t really think about their race or religion, I just wonder what these words might mean , even sometimes feel that I must learn this language or that language at least the basics words ( I start my first lesson in Chinese today ).

A lot of us ( am one of them) enter this website for various reasons including social activity because language itself is a social act. Sure I would love to find friends who can become real friends from this website. So please if you want to be a racist it is fine take your shot be happy, you want to be anti-Islam also it fine - it’s your mind not mine, but what you should not do is to generalize, speak your mind , not other’s people mind.

Add a comment