He visto hoy el eslogan de KFC y se me ha ocurrido una duda. El eslogan era "It's finger lookin' good!". Supongo que la traducción será "son dedos sabiendo bien" o algo parecido, corregidme si estoy equivocado. Pero la duda es respecto al apóstrofe de lookin'. Porque se pone? Es sólo para ahorrarte una "g"?
The KFC slogan is actually "It's finger lickin' good" - it means it is so tasty you want to lick your fingers after eating it. The apostrophe is also used to show that a letter is missing from a word, in this case -lickin'- is missing the final 'g'.
- Is there anybody want to learn chinese mandarin or cantonese?Chat with me !
- Hi, can anyone give me some advice about rent a house in UK?
- Just relax with this funny Story!
- leaning english
- Learning multiple languages
- Do you like vegetarian people? What do you think about it ?
- Can you please help me
- ¿ Who can help me with my english ?
- i want to learning English,who can help me?
- wanna learn flluent English