Site Feedback

Reasons why i support gay marriage.

A civilized nation should be tolerant and respectful on this issue.

Homos do no harm to this society,besides,it's a legit  civilian right to love someone no matter the gender.Since the homos are the minority of the society ,they have been treated unfairly and marginalized somehow.They just want peoples' understanding and appeal to equal rights.

As a hetro, i strongly root for the legality of gay marriage,just let's be more tolerant! Say goodbye to dicrimination!

Share:

Comments

Can't agree more.

I've just talked about this with my friend who's from France. In France, gay marriage is totally legal, right? I think of the legality of gay marriage as a progress of society or nation. In China, there are more and mroe people take this easier and easier with time passing, well, we have to admit, that there are indeed still many people think of it as an unacceptable thing. 

Just like you said, harming society has nothing to do with the gender or sex orientation. Straight people even do more harmful things.

We do have to give more respects to homos, and this is hwere the society is going.

I am not against with gay marriage however I dont support it because supporting means that I agree that it is not a sin. Personally I believe that it is wrong for a guy to guy and girl to girl relationship but everyone has a free will to do everything what they want wether other or they themselves think if it is right or wrong. If ever in the future my country will have a law allowing a gay marriage it's fine with me if no such law will be made its fine with me as well. Anyway either way it wont affect me personally.

Yes, i totally agree with you ,Roy Hsiao.I think your thought is more insightful, thanks .

Doris - I don't want this to come across in the wrong way but your indifference is just as harmful as those people who are openly against gay marriage. It's not about whether it affects you or not - it's a simple question of human rights and the right to choose who we marry:

I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. - Elie Wiesel 

Imagine if white people had said to black people that their rights issues didn't affect them because they themselves weren't black? Or if men said that women's rights issues didn't affect them because they weren't women? It's about society as a whole and no minority should be oppressed simply because of colour of their skin, gender or even sexual orientation. At the end of the day, someone's homosexual marriage has no more or less effect on the sanctity of marriage than my heterosexual marriage would.

As Roy said - straight people do a lot more damage to society and the institution of marriage than most gay people do. You can't help who you love.

By the way - this thread will probably be deleted soon. Hot topics like this usually are!

Yeah, Roy, gay marriage is now legal in France but many people (half-senile religious wackos mostly) protested against it, it made me sick just to watch them.

I used to fear that homosexuals would burden society with AIDS, but now I realize that anybody (either hetro or homo) is unlikely to get any sexually transmitted disease (STD) if they practice safe sex (use a condom).   In today's overpopulated world, homosexuality is a natural blessing while agressive hetrosexual sexuality which causes overpopulation is a natural curse.  I personally think that anal sex would cause hemmorhoids. There is a certain private part of our bodies that is naturally designed to be an exit point for feces and digestive gas rather than an entrance point for a penis and sperm.  But if others enjoy having this private part safely invaded by a penis which is covered with a condom, then that is their own private business which does not concern me.  If a homosexual couple can live happily and healthy together, then I'm happy for them.  ...  :)   A smile on their faces, brings a smile on my face.  :)  Yes, they should then be able to get married. 

@Katrina I disagree with you about @Doris Day position... She does no harm to anyone chosing not to be involved, she's just follwing what she belives. In her point of view homossexuality is a sin so she should give up her beliefs and fight for something she thinks is not right? Looking in perpective she is doing much more then meny people, specially religious people who think that legal mariege is the same as religious meriage. She is not get in the way of anyone, but she has the right to chose not to be involved in something that she thinks is not right but does not affect her beliefs. To say that she HAS to support anything (yes, because if you think her possition is harmful this is what youre saying) is just to be as intolerant as the people who say that gay legal mariege is wrong and that they HAVE to be straight and have a "traditional" family.

If I'm not mistaken Doris said on another topic she even have gay friends and stuff, right?

Plus, I'm totally pro gay mariage and I'm a agnostic so no sins attached here.

Do you believe that, here in Brazil, a "congress man" tried to create a law allowing a treatment to cure gay people? He is a protestant minister as well and... well, better not to say here because we can't talk about religion on iTalki. By the way the law didn't pass, thanks God \o/

The problems with the conclusions you publish, is that there isn't a shred of Scientific Evidence to support anything you write.

You have  a  personal opinion,  and absent Scientific Evidences which support your conclusions, it is reasonable to conclude that you are simply confused in your thinking, and cannot clarify your remarks in any context that is either objective or logical.

@Bruce... I don't really get what you're saying... who are you talking about?

Add a comment