Site Feedback

are you affraid with hypodermic needle?

being mature doesnt always means you lost your fear.

are you affraid with hypodermic needle?

would you tell me about your experience to figth your fear?

Share:

Comments

Of course, all we feel afraid of hypodermic needle, we can't overcome easily the fear, but as adults, we have to make us strong, because it would be ridiculous to cry or to scream because someone puts us a hypodermic needle.

Rayyani:

Yes, I would be glad to share about that fear with you.

I had it for years, and it usually appeared in association with going to the dentist.

My mind Magnified, as though with a microscopic lens,  a  terrifying image  of the needle and its  function.

The way I overcame it  was also a mental process.   Instead of heightening  my feeling of sensitivity  to the invasion of my body,  I began to   "Give----Permission---To---The----Needle"  to enter my body.   I begain to  visualize  my body  opening up to permit the needle to enter and deliver the necessary drugs.

That way, I became an active participant in the process and was no longer terrorized by it all.

Today, I have no problem with it.  It is just a sensation that I accept.  It also helps to regulate the breathing so that it is deep and slow.

---Warm Regards,  Bruce

No! It's okay for me. It's a natural reaction I guess to not want to be injured, but if it's good for me, and I put that in my mind, I am 'above' it. I am actually terrible. I have a nice chat with the nurse, and look straight to the needle when she is injecting me.

I remember being like, six, and we had these injections. And we were with a group of children, and everybody cried. I asked my mother, do I have to cry like these children too? Like if everybody was doing it, I might better do it too. But even then it did not bother me that much. I am just always a little different than other people.

But my story does not help you much, does it?

Yes! Terrified!

I never used to be afraid up until the age of around 13, I guess. I had to have 4 teeth removed. The first was removed by my childhood dentist and everything was fine. However, when I went back to have the second tooth removed, there was a new dentist. The injection was fine but he didn't give me enough anesthetic and then broke the tooth while removing it. He had to call his colleague in to check nothing was left behind. In short, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. For the next two removals I decided to go under general anesthetic because I just couldn't go through it again. Ever since then I have been afraid of needles. I have been back to my original dentist and had my jaw lock when she wanted to give me an injection.

Most recently I moved to Dubai and had to have blood tests in order to recieve my visa. Before I even went into the room I was freaking out, crying before I even got to the chair. I couldn't look at the needle when she put it in my arm. The nurse was really kind and tried to calm me down but at one point I thought she had finished and so looked at my arm just to see the needle sticking in it! Big mistake! The nurse tried to warn me but it was too late and I started to get really stressed. Luckily it was over quickly (well, I say quickly but it felt like forever). The nurse turned to look at me, tears streaming down my face, and said "it's ok, the surgery is over!" it made me laugh but I still hate needles. It's not just about being grown up, though. My dad is 60 and still afraid of needles!

Add a comment