How you call your old brother/sister in your country?
Hi friends,how you call your old brother / sister?
Just call they names or you put another word before they name?
In Indonesia = We are usually call
"kakak/kak (they name)" = For old brother/sister
"Adik/dik ( they name ) " = For young brother / sister
How about your contry?
Thanks for shared ^_^
ate - for older sister
kuya- for older brother
We just call our younger siblings with their name.
Doris : Thank you ^_^
In Urdu language, we have specific words to call elder brothers and sisters.
For elder brother, we use "Bhai/Bhai Jan" (may or may not add his name)
For elder sister, we use "Baji/Aapi" (may or many not her name)
However, we call younger brothers and sisters by their names.
In the Netherlands, we call our siblings by their names.
But when we are describing our family to other people we use the words:
Zus = Older sister
Zusje = Younger sister
Broer = Older brother
Broertje = Younger brother
Zahid,lily and Nicky : Thanks guys
In Vietnam, for older brothers: anh+ their name
for older sisters: chị+ their name
for younger brothers/sisters: em+their name
But in your family, you can call just their name
I have two younger sisters and they call me "hermano" (brother). When I want to talk with them, I say their names.
In Turkey, for older sisters: abla or their name+abla
for older brothers: abi/ağabey or their name+abi/ağabey
for younger brothers/sisters: we call them by their names. ^^
we don't have such thing in my country we just call each other with our names or we make nicknames
- Can Anyone Relate?
- discussion à propos de la culture.
- Traducción correcta a inglés de una frase famosa sobre la música
- I need a practice partner! 도와주세요! c:
- Discusss one global issue that is of concern to you.
- How to get the most out of phrasebooks and SRS apps?
- I am looking for a text of this song!
- What is your favourite NFL team and why?
- Juego de Tronos (Game of Thrones) / Saga 'Canción de Hielo y Fuego' (The Song of Ice and Fire)