Mandarin is understood. Many shopkeepers and sales people speak some broken Mandarin, because there are lots of mainland Chinese tourists.
As a tourist, I believe you can even just use English, depending on where you are.
Yes, two dialects (Mandarin and Cantonese) with the same writing system. It's the difference between 语 and 文. I think the only difference is that they use traditional characters more so than simplified characters. But it looks like you are learning the traditional characters, so you should be good with the writing system there.
- Please, help me to translate
- who wants to learn Turkish ?
- Hi all! Write me if you want to learn russian. It woud be great if you could help me with spanish also.
- About China, what do you want to learn about?
- ARE THERE ANY MISTAKES?
- Curso virtual de coreano
- Would be glad to know your opinion .. is that common with you too ?
- Aussprache des Namens "Eva"