Lucas
How much homework do you have in high school?

Well..I want to know different high school lives..I will go to another country for my high school study..

Oct 24, 2013 10:40 AM
Comments · 4

I think an average pupil would do about an hour homework a day. But not all pupils do their homework. The truth is, actually, I almost never did my homework. I sometimes did a little math to keep my calculating skills up, but for the rest, I was lazy. No teacher really checked my homework. Then before the test I did study a lot and had a good score, so nobody complained. Since I was already at the highest high school level, it had no use making more effort. I was a quick learner in my teenage years, and also I was cunning in getting the right answer without knowing the subject very well. Life was easy for me back then. I loved high school! Now I really have to work :)

April 17, 2014

School was everything to me in high school.  I worked on homework over five hours a day.  This did include the endless hours i spend reading novels for my English and history classes. 

When I got to the university, classes outside math/science required a book a week per class.  Math and science classes had graded problem sets due weekly.

...and then I joined the computer club.  My life inverted.  I still read the required books inside the club office where I was the unpaid receptionist/organizer.  I matched people with those who could help them and I answered some questions myself.  We ran the club processing during the operator's dinner break.  We then went out to dinner as a group of ten or so and discussed ... computing.

April 17, 2014

I'm not in high school anymore but I remember that I had quite a lot of homework. I study less now that I'm attending university... But then again my school was quite famous for having a lot of homework as well as having a high standard. A lot of students at my high school went to another school because they thought it was too much work. 

It's all relative. It depends on which school you go to, your teachers and your own expectations. If you want to get A's then you have to study a lot. If you just want to pass, then not as much. 

I live in Sweden btw. =)

April 17, 2014

Depends on where you live and what kind of school you go to. I studied at an American high school, and our school is pretty strict on scores, and we took a lot of AP classes which are equivalent to college courses. So I had a lot of homework and had to prepare for tests constantly. But I heard from my friends who are living in other parts of the U.S. that they had little homework to do and their classes are pretty easy simply because they selected easier classes. Some schools are pretty good at sports and some are pretty good at academics.

April 6, 2014