Site Feedback

Euthanasia! Did you agree or disagree? why?

Well, this is a very delicated subject.

Some people think it is correct and everyone have the rigth to decide if they want to live or not...

in order hand, others believe it is a crime..

So, in a delicate way, tell us why you agree or disagree with such decision?

Share:

Comments

Here is a quick correction:

Euthanasia: Do you agree or disagree? Why?

Well, this is a very delicated subject. Some people think it is correct and that everyone have has the right to decide if they want to live or not... in order On the other hand, others believe it is a crime... So, in a delicate way, tell us why you agree or disagree with such a decision?

I personally think that everyone has the right to live their life as they see fit, and that includes having control over how and when they end their life if they choose to do so. Unfortunately there are incurable diseases, and utterly debilitating illnesses such as Locked-in syndrome where the person cannot taken their own life even if they want to. I know the system could be abused if it isn't properly monitored, but I still think these people should be given a choice.

(You can read about what locked-in syndrome is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked-in_syndrome).

I don't agree with it specially if the sick person can't speak if he wants to continue to live or not. I also don't agree if the sick person will choose to die  to end their pain and suffering. I think this is a murder or suicide. However, I haven't experience those kind of sickness or seen someone I love die  painfully or undergoing uncurable pain so I can't say anything against or what they did is wrong to those who already did that. They just think what they did is right. I am just thankful my father died without much pain and I'm hoping to die in an instant with lesser pain. 

Well, I wouldn't like to be 'sleeping' all my life, I'd be like a plant, not a human being. I mean, we have the posibility of decide in our body, and if we wanna die... It is like a suicide, isn't it?

I believe a person should have a choice. There are sadly some illnesses which don't have a cure at this time, and which will remain without one for the foreseeable future. Some people are in so much pain that the only way they can handle the pain is being so heavily sedated with morphine (or equivalent) that they are basically vegetating. For some of them, that is reason enough not to continue with life, and that should be their choice. 

I understand that some people have religious concerns, but if it doesn't involve you, it is really not your concern. 

I do agree that it should be regulated, and I also believe that any decision like this should involve asking parents, spouses, and children (those that are mature enough, and this does not necessarily involve their age) how they feel about it. 

Add a comment