Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - what does this text mean?
I just finished watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and there was a text I didn't understand. http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3241/3dhs.jpg
It said "Raising tide in a holding pattern. Planing to go dark. What is your status?" I am curious, what it means.
That's not plain English -- it's some kind of military jargon. It's probable that the agents had previously agreed on the exact meaning of the coded phrases. My guess is that "Rising tide" may refer to an attack. Holding pattern means that the "rising tide" is waiting before it will continue. "Planning to go dark" probably means they're going to turn off all their transmitters and/or lights, etc., so that they can move undetected. "What's your status?" is asking how they are / what their situation is.
- Can we talk about idioms many native english speakers use?
- Please, help me with translation:
- 交換語言 Language exchange
- I really need your excellent suggestions, thaks a lot firstly. If it were you, which you choose
- I look for engineers to ask a question (casting, forge or mechanical production).
- What do you think is the most interesting clothing style in your country?
- Do you have a time when you are asked to do something you do not want to do?
- Would you lie about your native language to find language exchange partners or students?
- I am teaching spanish, but in change i want learn english