Site Feedback

Movie quotes

What are your favorite movie quotes?

I would like to know what that movie is and why you like that!

Share:

Comments

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." --Liam Neeson (Taken) [I like this quote because this lets you know exactly what would happened to the antagonists in the movie.]

"Yippee ki-ay, mo***f***r!" -- Bruce Willis (Die Hard Trilogy) [I like this quote because it emphasizes the protagonist's unorthodox approach to saving the day from the villains.]

"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley." -- Leslie Nielsen (Airplane!) [This movie along with other Leslie Nielsen movies never gets old on me.]

PS: Nope, I don't know any of these it by heart.

Rachel Dawes: "Bruce, deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you DO that defines you!"

- Batman Begins

Dom Cobb: "What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea! Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere."

- Inception

Rocky: "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!"

he doesnot know i am his son but i know he is my father.

sepration

Those are awesome! Thanks guys :)

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...... and so we'll hunt him... ......because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... A DARK KNIGHT."
- The Dark Knight

"Why so serious?!"

- The Dark Knight 

"My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." 

- Forrest Gump

"Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith. The trust part comes later."

- Man of Steel

"If you build it, he will come."

- Field of Dreams

"I am going home."

- The Terminal 

"Some people can't believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first."
- Good Will Hunting

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the earth was the center of the universe.
Five hundred years ago everybody knew the earth was flat.
And fifteen minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet.
eh, Imagine what you'll know... Tommorow
( Tommy Lee Jones )
-Men In Black-

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

I like 'em big (Both from The Italian Job)

"The aqueduct?"

"We do have a Brian"

*He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

"There's a mess alright but no Messiah"

"I shall welease Bwian!!"

"It could be worse, you could be stabbed" (From Life of Brian + many more)

"It goes up to eleven"

"Have a good time, all the time"

"What's wrong with being sexy?" (Spinal Tap)

Some of these may be misquotes

"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it."
- Rafiki, The Lion King

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."
- Dumbledore, Harry Potter 

“To! To! Ro!”

-Totoro, My Neighbor Totoro

Do, or do not. There is no "try".
- Yoda  

Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there.
- Good Will Hunting

Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want.
- Heath Ledger, 10 Things I Hate About You

You'll always remember this as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.
- Pirates of the Caribbean 

You cannot pass!
- The Lord of the Rings 

When I was a child winter didn't feel so cold. It's nearly two months since I moved home from Tokyo. It's been an awkward time.
-Daigo Kobayashi, Departures

I couldn't make up my mind for only one quote. :)

"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children." __ The Crow

"Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (Doctor Who, The Snowmen)

[life motto right there, boom]

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad thinks don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant." (Doctor Who, Vincent and the Doctor)

"There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive... wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold." (Doctor Who, The Doctor, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams." (Doctor Who, The Almost People)

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" (Doctor Who, The Big Bang)

Add a comment