Site Feedback
Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

How did you learn Arabic?

Can you please share your experience in learning Arabic?

and in which level are you now?

Share:

Comments

I am a very low intermediate Arabic learner.  I have met many delightful people but I have also met those who say they want to teach Arabic and then are disappointed when I do not express an interest in learning their local language.  I want to learn the language of the news broadcasts first.  My second problem is with those unfamiliar with teaching a foreigner.  I teach English and I never worry about the inability of my student to speak without an accent.  It is normal.  If I make one sound incorrectly, many teachers immediately assume I know nothing and start with lesson one.  I have a third problem with those who want me to read advanced texts without a glossary or vowels in the new words.  This group will also tell me to write someone without giving me a subject and before I have any idea whether they will gloss over problems or nit-pick my submssion.

To hear newscasts
speak with Arabs

Add a comment