There are two sentences what I don't understand, somebody come to help me, thank you
"you start to miss them and wish that you were around to go b-day parties, births, and reunion. Friends can't complete you like family"
The phrase " were around " what does it mean?
"friend can't complete you like family" I also what does it mean?
Thank you for every want to discuss.
"to be around" means to be close; not be far; to be in the area; be near. So the person speaking wishes that he was near "them" so that he could go to birthday parties etc.
In this context, "to complete" means to make someone feel whole. That is, when something "completes" you, you feel like nothing that you really need is missing. According to the speaker, members of your family can do that better than friends can.
"things" as well as people can be completed: "All he needs is a good wife in order to complete his happiness."
- How to get the most out of phrasebooks and SRS apps?
- I am looking for a text of this song!
- What is your favourite NFL team and why?
- Juego de Tronos (Game of Thrones) / Saga 'Canción de Hielo y Fuego' (The Song of Ice and Fire)
- whats your opinion about Iranan nuclear program
- What is your favorite sport ? And favorite team in the world ?
- English Comprehension
- где я могу смотрить индийски фильмы по-русский онлайн?
- Questions for American
- English language very fun and exciting it's true?