She was making a dinner before I arrived or She made a dinner before I arrived.
No need to use 'a'.
She was making dinner before I arrived: She started making dinner before you arrived. The dinner is probably not yet ready.
She made dinner before I arrived: The dinner was already ready when you arrived.
If the dinner was still being prepared: "She was making dinner when I arrived."
If either the preparation was complete, or maybe the dinner was in an oven:
"She had made dinner before I arrived." or "Dinner was [almost] ready when I arrived."
- Group to practice english in Skype
- Tools for learning a foreign language
- Learning Article : How To Benefit From italki Questions
- The cars should be banned in the centre of the cities .Why.? Are you agree or disagree?
- People is just so weird...
- how to get a business job
- The word "dibs" in English
- para un italiano es mas facil aprender espanol que otro idioma como el ingles?
- Impariamo l'italiano,cucinando! Modi di dire legati al cibo:PARLARE DELLA RAVA E DELLA FAVA/ TOMA PER ROMA
- This is how to write French character on a non-French keyboard !